DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Aftershock in Haiti. (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=46840)

98sst 01-20-2010 02:15 PM

Aftershock in Haiti.

Just happened. 6.1 magnatude if I remember correctly. I donated some cash personally. Just crazy what is going no down there.

bones64 01-20-2010 04:06 PM

yes its terrible. Hard to see on T.V. I caught a tid bit on TV today at work and was really bothered by them piling bodies together and then burning them. It looked like it was right on the street. I know theres disease and other stuff but man..................showing that on TV sad and sick. They were people. Burry them if you have too. Do they even know who they are? Sorry Venting.

RLRambler 01-20-2010 04:55 PM

To make it more sick, the Cruise Lines have decided to start cruising there again!...........................Ambulance chasers! :stupidpeople:

Dann 01-20-2010 05:05 PM

the news here is full of it, showing all the bad thats gone on, but what makes me sick is what was shown this morning, the people there are attacking the aid workers that have been sent also steeling the aid, there goverment is taking some of the stuff and putting it in warehouses not letting it out etc. Bloody crazy we try and help them in there time of need and all they want to do is assault us and cause more chaos.

I do feel sorry for the victims, but come on the rest of them need to sort there heads out and get civilized because its dam right childish and stupidity what they are doing.

bbc news quote
"The overall security situation in Port-au-Prince remains stable, with limited, localised violence and looting occurring," the UN Office for Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs said.

c5driver 01-20-2010 06:40 PM

This may come off as wrong to most of you and heartless to some of you but just a point of view.

There are earthquakes all over the world all the time. A recent one in China left alot of people the same as those in Haiti. This country has alot of it's own problems right now. California with the rains that will cause alot of mudslides. Children on the streets because their parents lost their jobs. People dying in a war leaving family members at home.

What is this country doing for THIS country??? Giving money away that we don't have. Send the military there to help out with search efforts....fine. But sending millions of dollars to help rebuild with everything that is going on in the country???......pointless.

Now as I said this probably came off as heartless and wrong, but I believe this country is more important than a 3rd world country that can never do anything in return except ask for more.

BlueJet 01-20-2010 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c5driver (Post 141016)
This may come off as wrong to most of you and heartless to some of you but just a point of view.

There are earthquakes all over the world all the time. A recent one in China left alot of people the same as those in Haiti. This country has alot of it's own problems right now. California with the rains that will cause alot of mudslides. Children on the streets because their parents lost their jobs. People dying in a war leaving family members at home.

What is this country doing for THIS country??? Giving money away that we don't have. Send the military there to help out with search efforts....fine. But sending millions of dollars to help rebuild with everything that is going on in the country???......pointless.

Now as I said this probably came off as heartless and wrong, but I believe this country is more important than a 3rd world country that can never do anything in return except ask for more.

I TOTALLY agree!!!! Funny thing is, when Katrina hit the things we are seeing in Haiti happened here. I don't recall a huge global out pouring for the Katrina victims but every time there is a calamity else where in the world we are supposed to ante up and help. Sorry but I am not feeling it either......

98sst 01-20-2010 06:50 PM

Quote:

I can't object in any way shape or form to what you said. I agree. I feel that we, the United States, need to focus more on what is going on here. We are in the 3rd worst economic downfall in U.S. history, possibly globally. I have tried to get a job for ages, and still have not gotten one. Nobody is ever hiring, and everybody is always firing.

Back to Haiti's earthquake, it really does bug me that these reporters are trying to prove that stuff is bad down there. Ok.... we all know it's bad, there is NO need to show all of these bodies to the public of our country and whomever else that broadcasts it! We all ready know that a horrible thing has struck that has taken all of these lives. I can't stand it, and agree with each and every one of you.

c5driver 01-20-2010 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueJet (Post 141022)
I TOTALLY agree!!!! Funny thing is, when Katrina hit the things we are seeing in Haiti happened here. I don't recall a huge global out pouring for the Katrina victims but every time there is a calamity else where in the world we are supposed to ante up and help. Sorry but I am not feeling it either......

Thanks for agreeing Blue!!!!!!!

Look at all the farmers out in California that couldn't get water because of a F&*%ing fish. Where was the millions of dollars to help them out????

But a damn island get's hit by an earthquake lets throw money at them.

Let them fend for themselves, just like everybody else!

Genocide, hurricane, typhoons, mudslides, draught, and sunamis all hit countries in 2009. The sunami victims got a little money....but nothing compared to what a tiny little 3rd world country is getting!!!!!!!!!!

11 trillion in debt and still giving money away!!!!!!!!!!! Only in America when ran by Democrats.

BlueJet 01-20-2010 07:18 PM

What I don't get is why does this country feel compelled to bail everyone else out when we can't solve our own problems? Human compassion is all well and good but let's start at home! We have vets on the street, that poor woman in Florida who has dementia that the system failed. We need to take care of our own and then help others. I am sick of the bleeding heart mentality!

Big Daddy 01-20-2010 07:48 PM

Quote:

There are earthquakes all over the world all the time. A recent one in China left a lot of people the same as those in Haiti. This country has a lot of it's own problems right now. California with the rains that will cause a lot of mudslides. Children on the streets because their parents lost their jobs. People dying in a war leaving family members at home.

I'm wholly on board with your post and if anyone says you're heartless and wrong I'll stand with you. Yes I'm heartbroken for the suffering of the innocent but I totally agree if our government put the money they want to just give away all over the world toward the problems we have in this country we might not be having the health care, out of work or homeless issues facing us now.

Haiti is just the current "thing" that many (notable) Americans are using to advance their own agendas - to improve their Nielsens ratings, their approval in political polls or simply make a fast buck. Sad, isn't it.