DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Dbl Checking before I Buy (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=46850)

07dodgehemi 01-20-2010 03:50 PM

Dbl Checking before I Buy

Im looking at buying a cat back dual exhaust from auto truck toys.... the part number is MF16700. Looking for opinions of fit, sound, price, etc. Thanks!

erm 01-20-2010 03:51 PM

Who makes it?

07dodgehemi 01-20-2010 03:55 PM

Its made by Magnaflow.

07dodgehemi 01-20-2010 03:58 PM

This is part of the description:

Magnaflow exhausts feature all stainless steel construction and mandrel-bent tubing for superior flow. This dual cat-back exhaust system sounds awesome and includes two polished stainless steel 3-" tips. Each system comes with preinstalled hangers and can be installed on your vehicle in about 45 minutes using common tools in your driveway.

All stainless steel system
Includes two 3-" stainless steel muffler tips
Bolt on installation
Dual split rear exit
Increased horsepower and torque
Lifetime warranty

It also says that it will fit any 2006-2007 5.7L Hemi 1500... and its price is about $600.00 plus $30.00 for over sized shipping.

erm 01-20-2010 03:58 PM

ahhh...Magnaflow is good stuff. I run it on my Chrysler and had it installed on my '99. Now that I have the 2007, I am seriously considering putting their stuff on that truck as well.

Just make sure the kit fits your application.

Magnaflow has a nice tone to it, pretty quiet at freeway speeds but it definitely lets ya know its there when ya get on it. The quality is there for a reasonable price and I've never had any problems with their systems.

07dodgehemi 01-20-2010 03:59 PM

http://www.autotrucktoys.com/ram/Mag...-PRD26842.aspx

07dodgehemi 01-20-2010 04:02 PM

I had a Magnaflow on my Ford that was on there when I bought it and I loved the way it sounded. I was trying to find sound clips for a Ram but I only found some for a Dodge Neon.

BTW, freakin' love your truck.. the megacab is sick. I didn't like them at first, but your '07 looks great.. Like mine! :smileup:

erm 01-20-2010 04:04 PM

I wondered if it was a single in/dual out muffler. That's the one I used on my '99. I had the exhaust shop supply the muffler and bend new tailpipes, install hangers, etc... and they charged me $450 for the job.

Keep in mind that the pipe they bent for me was "aluminized" vs. stainless steel. I haven't dug into the kits much yet but I've seen some pricing on various kits and that's a decent price for a good kit. Much cheaper than some of the competition.

jkulysses 01-20-2010 06:50 PM

I wouldn't be to worried about aluminized piping though I've had it installed on many of my trucks and it lasted years and years and I live right on the coast where things tend to rot out pretty fast.

HoustonHemi 01-20-2010 10:35 PM

IMHO, Magnaflow is good stuff!

I bought a cat back for my old Chevy 5.3, Single exit. L O W tone at idle, good sound throught the revs with 'minimal' drone (still had some drone, not much though)

'Fit' was about 95%,,, not 'dead on' as far as pipe to muffler allignment, but well within 'tolerance' in regards to being able to tighten the clamps an not have leaks.

I was 'on the fence' between single or dual exhaust before I went with the single,,, Naturally, the fewer connections you have to make, the less chance there is for 'mis-alignment - things to go wrong'... (Score 1 for single)

On a stock of lightly modified motor, Per Magnaflow, a single exhaust will 'perform' better than duals. (Same theory as too big a pipe will be detrimental to scavanging)

How much better than duals? Couldn't say,,,

I think it probably just all boils down to a matter of preference,,,

A dual exhaust looks and sounds GREAT! No doubt about it! :smileup:

If I had to do it all over again, I would not hesitate to purchase another MAGNAFLOW.

Cheapest price I found was on E-BAY from Wunder carparts. Their add give you a price on a 'brand name stainless exhaust system'. Magnaflows pricing policy prohibits dealers from listing their product below a certain price, so Wunder carparts 'leaves out' the name of the MFG in their adds to comply with the policy. You can contact Wundercar and they will tell you exactly who makes the system (Magnaflow, usually) what part number it is, and will allow you to submit a 'best offer'

I picked up a 'single exit' cat back on my Chevy for 383 shipped. :smileup: