DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - Dodge Cummins Diesel (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   For the 6.7l owners. What Mods do you have? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=46973)

08 SRT8 3560 01-22-2010 05:03 PM

For the 6.7l owners. What Mods do you have?

Ok everyone. List your performance mods for your 6.7l. Lets get some info on here as to which upgrades are best for this monster Cummins.

Cummin4U 03-02-2010 09:57 PM

Mods so far

Bought a 2009 Ram Quad 2500 Lone Star shortbed with the 6.7L Cummins and 6spd automatic transmission a couple months ago. So far I've added tow mirrors, OEM mud flaps, a tailgate EZ down, and a bed mat. I've bought and have yet to install chrome door trim, stainless steel door/tailgate handle covers, smoked cab lights, OEM bed rail covers & tailgate spoiler, plus a set of 05-07 taillights, but found out that I need the harness too. Never liked the bugeye tailights! I've bought and should arrive in a couple of days a 65GB MyGig Navigation, Sirius and DVD player from http://www.oemautopartsco.com/ - it is the 4401 slow speed radio with the Lockpick and multimedia harness. Doug with OEM Auto was very helpful in getting the right MyGig for my truck - can't wait to get it installed! I will need to modify my radio bezel, add the nav antenna and the Uconnect microphone. My plan is to add some subs under the rear seat and video monitors in the headrests also. Looking for the right 20" 8 lug wheel & tire combo, leveling lift kit, and DPF back SS exhaust as well. This is my first personal Dodge (have a Hemi company truck) and have always been a GM guy, but I really like this truck so far!

CdnoilRAM 03-03-2010 01:23 AM

Don't own a 6.7L myself, My diesel is a Powerstroke... I know, don't make too much fun of me. However, I've helped a few friends tune up their 6.7Ls. One thing I almost always recommend is the Banks RamAir intake with the super scoop, a BullyDog Triple Dog tuner, most any 5" DPF back exhaust or depending on where you, are a DPF delete (illegal almost everywhere but allows stacks). We did a water/methanol injection system on one to handle the extreme EGTs we were getting from the larger injectors and 2nd stage compound turbo system we installed. Also did a billet flywheel coupled to a SunCoast 68RFE torque converter. I'm more familiar with the 5.9L common rail, but there's more coming out for the 6.7L than there has been in the past.

Jayhawk320 04-02-2010 03:18 PM

my dad has a 07' 2500 six foot bed with the 6.7 he added steps, running lights, and six inch aussie stacks. still has DPF though because its still under warranty and he wont spend the money on a smarty =( lol

cuda71 04-04-2010 03:50 PM

Well my truck came with the tubular stainless running boards, I Rhino lined the box before I put anything it in, and have also added a Fold-a-cover G4 Elite tonneau cover and locking tailgate lock, I'll have to look up the manufacturer but the lock is under the handle so you don't even know its there. Future plans include front window tint, banks ram air intake, wheels & tires, upgraded the factory tires to Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armors, great in the snow :smiley_thumbs_up: Oh and also got the dealer installed remote start, almost forgot about it.

Jayhawk320 04-12-2010 06:42 AM

I read in TDR that the 6.7 isin't available with factory plow package. it kinda sucks, i bet a 6.7 would move some serious snow

lawman139 05-19-2010 12:42 AM

6.7 can come with the plow package and I have prof.

Jayhawk320 05-19-2010 08:17 PM

a 2007 or 2010? because this was based on the 2007 model

lawman139 05-19-2010 10:21 PM

2010 model can be ordered with the package.

Quiet Lunatic 08-30-2010 06:10 PM

I have a 2008 Firemist Crystal Red 2500 QC 4X4 Big Horn. I've put on a "moose catcher" ( brush guard) with 8" halogen lights with remote switch, nerf bars, spray in liner with a rubber bed mat, window visors, and front tinted glass. Winter, I run Maxxis Big Horn radials that are the cats meow in snow/mud. I also have the four factory mud flaps. Planning on a stainless grill in the near future. I call it my Foo-Foo truck and just fool around with it when not pulling our 30 foot travel trailer.