DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Build Thread (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=46995)

toysoldier3646 01-23-2010 04:49 AM

Build Thread

Ok guys,

I'm gonna start this thread now because I need to start getting things together for my stereo build this summer.

My plans are 2 JL Audio HD900/5 amps mounted on the rear cab wall powering some evolution c2 6.5" coaxials in the rear doors, c2 4" coaxials in the dash, and some kind of midbass in the front doors. I'm also contemplating piecing together a 3-way component system for the front consisting of a midrang, midbass, and tweeter.....looking for input on speakers and crossovers.

For subs I'm thinking of trying to fab a box for a single 10w7 under the rear seats (I've got a quadcab) or 2 10w3's under the rear seat and a tw5 under the front center...I'd like to keep the seat if possible but I doubt that can be done.

Since I am going to keep my stock HU for appearance purposes I'm planning on using the Cleansweep either by itself or with the signal summing interface. I'd like to completely remove the infinity system so if anyone has a write up on taking it all out that would be cool and that way I don't need the signal summing interface.

And of course I'm going to be deadening everything....my choice is the BXT from Raamaudio, but unfortunately my door are already half done in the wrong way so I've gotta take all that off in order to get to the inner door. So whatever opinion and ideas y'all have I am really interested in hearing and hopefully things will start moving along so I can start putting up pictures and making progress.

chithead 01-23-2010 08:34 AM

10W7 might be a bit deep for under the rear seats. A rear firing center console may be just the ticket if you don't mind losing the center seat bit keeping the armrest. Either that or one 13TW5 right there firing down. It will provide PLENTY of output. Check out dodgeman's build log on here, he is using all JL Audio, a three way setup in front with a 13TW5. Some very impressive things he has done.

Looking forward to your build, and of course you know there has to be pictures :smiley_thumbs_up:

Oh forgot to add, if you are willing to slice up the floor and are dead set in having the 10W7 under there, you could always cut a square out in the floor of the storage area and build the box deeper that way. Would take some major mods and some serious undercoating to protect everything from road debris and water.

dodgeman70592 01-23-2010 09:20 AM

If you wanna go with the W7, build yourself a console box and extend it into the rear up against the rear seat. You will still be able to use the console top, but will lose middle seating. Doing this will allow you to build ported or sealed and have the available airspace required for the W7. Glad to see you started a build log, looking forward to your progress..

toysoldier3646 01-23-2010 02:34 PM

would it be possible to build a box for the tw5 and keep my center seat? or maybe two in a box under the rear seat? I'm really just looking to be able to have some insane bass when I want it

metalmech 01-23-2010 08:12 PM

i am thinking about using the hd amps as well. will they fit ok on the back wall?

toysoldier3646 01-23-2010 08:31 PM

yeah they should fit just fine. the 900/5 is pretty sweet cuz it's two amps in one much smaller space

dodgeman70592 01-23-2010 09:58 PM

I kept the seat with my tw5, its just hard as hell to sit on, lol

toysoldier3646 01-23-2010 11:06 PM

haha yeah I'm not really concerned about comfort just the extra seat....I'm usually the one driving everyone when we go on trips since I'm the biggest vehicle lol

would a box that is basically the inside of the center seat be big enough for a tw5....of course I can use polyfill to help, but I was thinking that I could just build a down firing sealed box that fits inside the storage compartment. I've seen a few that are basically the same design as the seat and just covered with the padding and fabric, but I think it would be cool to fit it inside the seat (take out that black plastic piece)

dodgeman70592 01-23-2010 11:10 PM

For the required airspace, you gonna have to build one likr I did in my build log. You will have just the right amount that way

toysoldier3646 01-24-2010 12:09 AM

i figured something like that would be necessary....

another question that is coming up for me is what to do about signal processing since I am using my stock HU and I'm going to have two 5 channel amps. of course the Cleansweep is very good, but how should I look to connect it to my amps since it only provides 4 channels. obviously another line-out for my subs but what other ideas are there