DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Sad story today (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=47190)

bones64 01-26-2010 10:44 PM

Sad story today

A sad and tragic story came out this morning in my home town. A mother walking her two children to school along the highway was struck by a truck. She was pronounced dead at the scene. Her niebour seen the event and called 911 then seen the kids. They were in shock and mom lied on the ground pinned under the truck. I feel so much for this. I cant imagine having to live through something like this. Everytime you shut your eyes seeing your mom being hit and then lying dead on the ground. How it could have, or did happened has not been released as of yet.

hemiv8dodgeram1500 01-26-2010 10:48 PM

thats horrible

BlueJet 01-26-2010 10:51 PM

I feel so bad for those kids! I hope they have a helpful, loving family to help get them through this!

dodgeman70592 01-26-2010 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueJet (Post 145394)
I feel so bad for those kids! I hope they have a helpful, loving family to help get them through this!

x2.........

bones64 01-26-2010 11:07 PM

Yes me too! Thats one thing i do not like about my job. Seeing alot of this. Sadness, heartache and just well. I love helping others but in the E.R at the hospital at times it really does suck.:smiledown:

Toms Blue Ram 1500 01-26-2010 11:27 PM

Man that really sucks . Hopefully they have a dad in the picture and hes not a piece of crap . I would hate to see anything else happen to the little people . Wish I could do something to take the pain away . Poor kids .

MightyBlueRam 01-27-2010 12:29 AM

That's a sad story Bones. Accidents like that happen a lot down here in Miami, specially in Miami Beach where a lot of the elderly hit and run.
The kids didn't get hurt?

bones64 01-27-2010 09:08 AM

No . Thankfully the kids are fine. Mom was smart.............she was closest to the road with them to the outside. Still qurious on how this happened.

rjs2005 01-27-2010 11:10 AM

What a tragedy. As said before, hopefully either the children's father steps up and provides comfort and guidance, or a family member takes in the children. All too often, children of tragedies where there is no family member to care for them become wards of the state, and sent to foster care. Unfortunately, the children are separated and that would be the worst thing to happen right now. Those children need each other in addition to love and care.

txhemi 01-27-2010 11:22 AM

I hate to hear stories like this. I saw a horrible accident several years ago on Christmas Eve. A drunk driver hit a parked car and then fled the scene on foot. As well all watched him try to cross the highway, he was hit. His head pierced the windshield as he flipped over the car and then bounced a few times and slid to a stop on the road. The lady that hit the drunk had her 8 year old son in the car. That kid didn't lose his mother, but he lost his innocence that night.