DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Legal advice? pretty important about a motorcyel sale, guy wants money back (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=47212)

will 01-27-2010 01:21 PM

Legal advice? pretty important about a motorcyel sale, guy wants money back

So I sold a legit bike last night. It was my zzr600. It had a reconstructed tittle. The guy knew this. well know he wants his money back for the bike because he decided he did not wat a tittle that said the color was red( blue plastics replaced red ones from crash) He said he doesn't feel sure anymore. I have a bill of sale and all.

Do i have to give him the money back, or is it a done deal. I have a bill of sale saying he payed 3k for the bike and so on with the vin on it. The tittle is in my Dads name still and they were gonna transfer it today. Any advice?

BTW bike was mine but in dads name because I cant afford insurance at 18.

And bike was inspected by Louisiana State police and passed. It is insured and tittled. He knows all this.

MightyBlueRam 01-27-2010 02:36 PM

I want to say that he knew what he was getting into and changing his mind is no reason for a refund on a bike. But I don't know how far that guy might take it to get his money back. Did you discuss anything about the sale being final? Anything on the bill of sale?

If you don't think the guy might take you to Judge Judy or get a lawyer, then I'd tell him....SORRY you bought it and you knew what you were getting. But if you want to be a nice guy, then I guess you could give him his refund, minus any of your expenses for paper work.

hemiv8dodgeram1500 01-27-2010 02:40 PM

hope it works out tell us what happens

will 01-27-2010 03:10 PM

ok. Guy called me a few min ago. As of right now, he is still meeting us to sign papers so, I guess i can wipe the sweat off my forehead.

jkulysses 01-27-2010 03:59 PM

That kind of stuff varies from state to state but usually once you got the money and they take the bike it's a done deal unless you want to be nice.

erm 01-27-2010 04:03 PM

If you have a bill of sale, signed by the buyer, it's a done deal.

It's just like if you were to sign papers on a truck or car at the dealer. Once all that stuff is signed, it's yours.

If you asked them, they'd be happy to buy it back...at a price considerably lower than you paid them for it.

I think this guy figured that out...

streetbob 01-27-2010 10:53 PM

caveat emptor, let the buyer beware.

CdnoilRAM 01-28-2010 12:51 AM

As long as you've been up front with everything, and the Bill of Sale states "as is" then it's his.

Bobcat06 01-28-2010 01:54 PM

Like others said, what is sold is sold, you have no obligation to give him his money back because the title says it is red. If I were you I'd offer to buy the bike back for $2500, lol.

wvcoolvinilla 01-28-2010 02:16 PM

it is what it is..