DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   '03 Ram 1500 Hemi Wrecked (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=47426)

Incognito 01-30-2010 10:21 PM

'03 Ram 1500 Hemi Wrecked

Although I normally visit this site every day, I've been away due to an accident. Just got home a little while ago, was staying at the hospital because of my recent accident.

I was travelling alone in my '03 Ram 1500 Hemi after work, around 8PM, eastbound on Trans Canada #1. Got a load of material in the back of the truck and hauling our tool trailer to take back to my place. Something hit the pasenger-side rear of the truck so hard I jack knifed and ended up lying on the driver-side of the truck in a ditch separating eastbound and westbound traffic. I can't remember much of the accident other than saying "Holy s**t! What the f**k?" and my head pounding. Not to mention lying on my side in a very uncomfortable position with my seatbelt holding me up. Woke up later on the hospital, police came to visit and asked me all sorts of stupid questions. Turns out that two pukes were street racing down the highway when one of 'em lost control and smoked me. The other guy took off but was eventually caught. The guy who smoked me was from out of province, while the other guy wasn't even a Canadian resident or citizen. Just some punk Iran driving around with an International Driver's License. Although I haven't seen it, my truck has been written off as well as the tool trailer. Perhaps some of the tools in the tool trailer are going to be salvageable but I can't say at this point. Material was scattered all along the highway, which is a waste because it was a composite roofing material that was special order. Now I have to order more which will take some time to come in. My lead hand is taking care of the business while I recover, but he too gave me bad news. My frikking '08 Ram 3500 Cummins is acting up again, but this time with tranny issues. While things have been positive for me lately with a lucrative new roofing contract for a developer and another Audi in my driveway, this was a real negative point. Take two steps forward then someone kicks you in the nuts and you fall to your knees. Hell if that were the case I'd just stay in one spot and do jumping jacks. If there is one positive note I must say the nurse that was attending me was incredibly attractive and I did notice she wasn't wearing a ring on her finger. Injuries include bruised spleen (pissing blood), heavily bruised left torso (zombie-like discolouration), concussion (seeing white rabbits with wings everywhere), and a morbid sense of humour. No, wait, I've already been suffering from a morbid sense of humour since my pre-teens.

RamTech 01-30-2010 10:25 PM

Yikes. Glad you made it out in one piece though. Here's to a speedy recovery.

BlueJet 01-30-2010 10:30 PM

I am very happy you are here telling us about your accident! Sad about the truck but I am glad you are ok!! Very scary thing! Keep us posted on how you are doing! We care about you! :)

Good luck with the nurse! ;)

CajunDodge 01-30-2010 10:34 PM

Ouch man, sucks to hear about that, sorry about your truck and trailer, but like BlueJet said, just very glad you are here to tell your story!!! What a bummer, especially since like you said, things seemed to be rolling along well and going your way, but best wishes on a very speedy recovery!!! :)

- Cajun :pepper:

Incognito 02-03-2010 12:06 AM

Thanks for the support everyone! Now that I have all this time on my hands I've been visiting GM, Ford and Dodge's website and using their "Build Your Vehicle" tool to try to pick out my next truck.

GTyankee 02-03-2010 12:21 AM

get well soon, & at least this gives you a chance to rest up & hopefully the insurance companies get together soon & let you purchase the new truck of your choice.
i hate to see anyone injured & the loss of the truck & trailer, not to mention the materials lost, only compound everything

hemiv8dodgeram1500 02-03-2010 12:47 AM

well i hope you get well soon, post some pic when you can, i hope everything works out

chithead 02-03-2010 10:49 AM

Wow, sucks about getting hurt, nice that you get to build your next Ram :D

iRESQu 02-03-2010 11:42 AM

Gosh dang! I am glad you are okay, as well that you are on a quick road to recovery. I am sorry about your trouble with both Rams. I really hope things take a turn for the better for you. I mean the nurse is a good start, no?

fireman 02-03-2010 12:22 PM

Sounds crazy! Where are you located? That #1 can be Ugly in some parts. Glad to hear your OK.