DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2010 Dodge Ram - MOTM - Archives (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=216)
-   -   2010 January - Dodge Ram Member Of The Month (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=47442)

BlueJet 01-31-2010 08:37 AM

2010 January - Dodge Ram Member Of The Month

Congratulations to our January Winner

98sst

And now a word from your winner......

http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/s...lendar/033.jpg

First off, I’d like to thank you all for allowing me to me the first Member of the Month of the New Year!
My love for anything that moved started as a kid. I had a Hot Wheels car collection and I would run them through the house like a mad man. In early 1997, my dad bought a brand new Chevrolet S10. I thought it was the coolest vehicle on the road. I was 5 years old and always begged to go for rides. Then in 2008, I got my license. I was anticipating that day my whole life. I’d go on long drives with the windows down and just admire the freedom. I loved that thing to death but, come June of ’09, it was wrecked and I had to be on the market for a new vehicle.
I had no preference of choice, car, truck, suv, you name it, and I was open to it. My dad had recently bought a Dodge Charger R/T, and it needed some service on the A/C. The next day, my mom and I were appointed to go down to pick it up, and upon pulling into the parking lot, I saw a black Dodge Ram with white stripes. It was absolutely stunning. While we were waiting for the car to finish up, we just stood there in awe at how it looked. The typical employee came running out and explained the truck to us. He started it up and I got shivers, something my old truck had never given me. He popped the hood, and I saw an engine so clean and so big, that I had to close my jaw with my hands. I had never seen a truck that was in such good condition at 12 years old. Then, the employee said the words… “Test Drive”. I was so excited, but that didn’t last long… as I was not old enough to drive the truck as it was still under the dealers ownership. However, at the nearest parking lot my mom stopped and let me drive it. It purred the whole way down the road and we had big smiles on our face. I had to convince my dad that this was the truck I wanted. After much effort, he gave in and signed.
Still in awe, I began to do research on my truck. Day and Night throughout the summer I would be doing something new to the truck. After a few months, I came across the ForumZ. I figured, why not? So I joined and within a few minutes, I had many posts on my newbie thread, all were very welcoming. I began browsing and found that I really didn’t know much at all about my truck. Eventually I began to get into the flow of things, and would help others where I had some expertise. Very occasionally, I was the one that needed the help!
Now here I stand, I’ve passed 1000 posts, and recently 2000 posts. I plan to be here for 3000, 4000, 5000, and so on. All the time I spend here is a great learning experience. I can’t stress enough how much you all mean to me. You all are like family, very warming and just all around good people. Thank you for all of the knowledge you guys have given me, and thank you all for giving me the opportunity to be the first Dodge Ram ForumZ Member of the Month for 2010!

BlueJet 01-31-2010 08:39 AM

Congrats Alex on a well deserved win!! You are very helpful here and it shows! You represent your age group very well! Enjoy the new badge! :)

RamTech 01-31-2010 08:44 AM

Congrats, Alex. You deserve it!

wermbang 01-31-2010 09:34 AM

Congrats Alex!!!

bones64 01-31-2010 09:47 AM

Super.............and CONGRATS Alex. Well done and nice write up as well.:smileup:

MightyBlueRam 01-31-2010 12:11 PM

Congratulations Alex!

erm 01-31-2010 12:14 PM

Congratulations, Alex! A well-deserved win. I'm glad you are here with us!

:rep:

hemiv8dodgeram1500 01-31-2010 12:36 PM

congratulations

City Slicker 01-31-2010 12:54 PM

Congrats Alex! Great job!

foxcrazy90 01-31-2010 12:57 PM

congrats on the new year win!!!!