DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Rca lcd 42" tv (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=47470)

foxcrazy90 01-31-2010 01:50 PM

Rca lcd 42" tv

lastnight set up and watched 2 movies

1. inglourious basterds which had to be the dumbest movie ive ever watched!

2. shooter pretty good movie

anyway i get up this morning turn the tv on and it says unavailable signal.
still plays dvd,has picture and even the menu on the tv comes up,but not the menu on the sattelite.the stupid tuner has gone out again the 3rd time in 2 years.
is this a common problem or did i get a shitty tv? about $300 for the part.thinking about buying a new one,maybe sanyo or vizio!!!!

RamTech 01-31-2010 01:58 PM

I have a 50" Samsung plasma and upconverting dvd player for about a year and a half that have been trouble free. If I were looking into a new one, I'd likely go with a Samsung LED model.

foxcrazy90 01-31-2010 02:04 PM

the first time it was fixed had to wait a month for the part because it was on BACK ORDER!! must be a popular part!!!

RamTech 01-31-2010 02:05 PM

That tell me it's a common failure. Same thing happens in the auto industry as well.

BlueJet 01-31-2010 02:07 PM

I have a 42" Panasonic. No problems either. Have you ever looked at cnet? I use that site to do research.

erm 01-31-2010 02:36 PM

I purchased a 61" Samsung 1080 DLP/LED TV in December of '08 and love it. No problems at all. It replaced a 55" Samsung 720p unit that I had for 4 years with no problems.

I have a 42" Samsung 720p DLP in another room that I purchased in 2005 and, besides replacing the bulb, no problems.

I'd say go with Samsung as well!

MightyBlueRam 01-31-2010 03:01 PM

I agree with you on Inglorious Bastards. Ugh 2 hours of blah. Brad Pitt was the only really interesting character but everything sucked.

c5driver 01-31-2010 03:08 PM

I work for a cable provider. RCA LCD and store brand generally go bad quickly from what I have experienced.

The LCD and Plasma that people seem to have no problems with are LG, Samsung, and Sony.

Personally I have 2 LG plasmas that I have had for about 5 years each with no problems what so ever.

Also when you buy a new televsion they quite possibly will ask you to prepay for it to be calibrated. Just another way to get money from you! You will not know if your TV needs to be recalibrated until you haved clocked 1000 to 2000 hours on it. Wait til then to see if your picture has gotten worse.

Just my opinion and what I've seen, hope it helped.

foxcrazy90 01-31-2010 03:56 PM

picture is always good,no warning sign,either goes off while watching or wont come on the next day.

no bluejet have never tried that site!

sounds like maybe samsung is the way to go!!!

wermbang 01-31-2010 04:45 PM

I have a 42 inch Toshiba Plasma that I have had for 4 years and no problems so far. I also have a Toshiba up converting DVD player, that I am on my 3rd one. They were all covered under warranty, so didn't cost me anything.
My inlaws have Visios LCDs (47, 26,and a 19) They love them and have had no trouble in 2 years, except for one being stolen (42inch)
My wifes uncle got one of the samsumg LED Tvs and man I want one, the picture on them is great.