DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Need an opinion (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=47582)

Excoastie 02-02-2010 08:29 AM

Need an opinion

Hi everyone:

First off to the admins or anyone else if this is out of bounds, then kill the thread.... I don't mind, just looking for some input.

Ok, now that the disclaimer is out of the way. For those that don't know, I'm the so-called webmaster for the 2 web sites that my union has to pass info along to the members etc.... One has been up and running for a year or two, the other I'm still trying to get set up, and is the source of my request for help.

I've been "building" it on my laptop, which has a huge monitor width and things look a lil jacked up, and not well balanced visually. When I check it on my desk top, it just looks worse..

www.bletgca410.org

Please check it out and give me your opinions, both barrels if need be. Just keep in mind, that most of the links on the left side won't work, as I haven't created them yet!

Thanks

Exco

MightyBlueRam 02-02-2010 09:14 AM

I looked at it on my 24" monitor and it looks just fine. What specifically do you think is looking jacked up?

dodgeman70592 02-02-2010 09:17 AM

Works fine for me on my 16" Laptop....

RamTech 02-02-2010 09:20 AM

I've got a 15.4 set to 1280X800 on my laptop and the screen you linked to looks fine to me. A couple of the linked pages look to be set up for 800X600.

BlueJet 02-02-2010 09:21 AM

Loaded up fine for me and looks good! Maybe make the squares on the left side the same size as the right side so it looks balanced.

Excoastie 02-02-2010 09:25 AM

thanks everyone... LOL all the "buttons" are the same size...

It just didn't look balanced to me, and the logo's at the top looked like they were throwing the sizing out the window. It was almost like you had to scroll to see everything on the right... it was probably just my laptop display being jacked up ...

I've got some more tweaking to do on it, and try to add a few new pages (if I can get the proper folks to answer the phone to give me the info). It's just the growing pains associated with a new web site... I'll overcome them eventually, just hope I still have all my hair when I'm done.

Exco

rjs2005 02-02-2010 09:29 AM

I have a widescreen Dell monitor at work, set for 1440x900 resolution. The website loads and looks fine to me. In fact, I like the relative simplicity of your site. I believe that often, too much emphasis is placed on the "WOW" factor in web development. For me, a simple, pleasing website that loads quickly and is devoid of animated, catchy graphics is a winner. You are doing great!

If I had any criticism at all, it would be that the lighter blue font for the email links blends just a little with the background image. Not bad, but just a little. Food for thought.

BlueJet 02-02-2010 09:31 AM

The buttons are the same size? That's weird, on my screen the left side is smaller than the right. Maybe what you see on your screen is off to you but looks fine to the rest of us?

hemiv8dodgeram1500 02-02-2010 10:09 AM

it looks good to me

rjs2005 02-02-2010 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueJet (Post 150253)
The buttons are the same size? That's weird, on my screen the left side is smaller than the right. Maybe what you see on your screen is off to you but looks fine to the rest of us?

They all look the same size to me. BlueJet, what browser do you use? I know from when I built a website for my last Navy ship, it matters, especially if the page is built using software like MS Frontpage.