DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2009 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Upper Glove Box (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=47705)

RAMitDOWN 02-04-2010 05:33 PM

Upper Glove Box

My Ram is a ST (4X4) and it didn't come with the upper glove box, more specifically it doesn't have the lid the hole is there just no lid.

Can this lid be added to make it enclosed ?

09Hemi 02-04-2010 06:02 PM

weird... does it have anywhere for hinges? Pics?

hemiv8dodgeram1500 02-04-2010 08:00 PM

before you do anything ask the dealer

RAMitDOWN 02-05-2010 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 09Hemi (Post 151765)
Pics?

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...erGloveBox.jpg

rdsabin 02-06-2010 08:23 AM

I would ask the dealer if the part from the SLT would fit.

Toms Blue Ram 1500 02-06-2010 08:29 AM

Wow , thats really interesting . I haven't seen the interior of a 09 or 10 yet . My saleslady would love to see me there looking . She sees me out at breakfast every Sunday and keeps telling me to stop by .

RAMitDOWN 02-06-2010 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdsabin (Post 152495)
I would ask the dealer if the part from the SLT would fit.

He has no clue :4-dontknow:, he couldn't even get me the right price for a filler panel I ended up finding that on my own.

Can someone with the covered top box tell me how the lid is attached ?
Is it hinged the same way as the lower box lid ?

GTyankee 02-06-2010 12:49 PM

i don't even bother with a salesman or service writer about parts any more, i go ask the parts counter, if they are not real busy, & there isn't anyone buying parts, they will look it up or give you a number to call

09Hemi 02-06-2010 01:42 PM

I would assume one of two things about that... number one being that you could just order a glove box for it and somehow it just pulls out and you put the new one in or two... its formed into the dash and you would need a whole new dash to have the stock cover... let me do some poking around and I will let you know. (i have no problem taking my truck apart haha)

Just took it apart and it does come out... one bolt I could see but you need to remove your lower glovebox to get to it. pops out and you should be able to order the new parts... im sure one of the techs on here might be able to help. you need the upper glove box door and a new box to go in the slot... probably alot more parts than that but basically thats all there is.

RAMitDOWN 02-06-2010 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 09Hemi (Post 152638)
I would assume one of two things about that... number one being that you could just order a glove box for it and somehow it just pulls out and you put the new one in or two... its formed into the dash and you would need a whole new dash to have the stock cover... let me do some poking around and I will let you know. (i have no problem taking my truck apart haha)

Just took it apart and it does come out... one bolt I could see but you need to remove your lower glovebox to get to it. pops out and you should be able to order the new parts... im sure one of the techs on here might be able to help. you need the upper glove box door and a new box to go in the slot... probably alot more parts than that but basically thats all there is.

Thanks for taking the time and effort to check your truck for me.

It would be outstanding if I could get the correct part # or #'s to convert mine into a enclosed upper glove box.
I searched the same site I found the correct filler panel # on but was unable to find the box info I needed.

Quote:

i don't even bother with a salesman or service writer about parts any more, i go ask the parts counter, if they are not real busy, & there isn't anyone buying parts, they will look it up or give you a number to call
The sad thing is that's who I talked to the parts counter at the dealer where I bought my truck. lol