DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Newbie Checkin! (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   New 2010 Dodge Ram owner (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=47732)

jdolotina 02-05-2010 02:37 AM

New 2010 Dodge Ram owner

Hi everybody, my name is Josh. I recently bought a 2010 Dodge Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4X2. I don't have any pictures just yet, but I will get some up as soon as the weather clears out of the area. I live in Shreveport, LA and have been here for about 5 1/2 years. Before the Dodge I had a 2007 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab with the 6.0L V8. I have always been a GM guy, so I have to say it was kind of hard parting from the General. Overall, I was never happy with the response of GM's trucks. It was a good truck, but good god my truck had a lot of rattles. My pet peeve are rattles, and having to take a vehicle in countless times to get rattles fixed. Anyways, I don't think I would have ever considered buying a Dodge prior to the current redesign. No offense to anyone with '08s or below, but I just didn't care for the interiors.

My wife has a 2008 Dodge R/T. I love her car, the Hemi is impressive, responsive, and in the car is rather fuel efficient. I had to take her car in for a service visit, and the sales manager gave me his demo 2010 Dodge Ram for the day till the car was finished. I must say the interior on these trucks are very impressive. Dodge did a great job redesigning the interior. Needless to say I fell in love with everything on the truck. The best part: NO RATTLES. The crew cab was spacious, and the handling of the truck is very impressive. The only beef I had with the truck was it did not have enough options. I found a Laramie on the lot, but it had 17s on it instead of the 20s. After speaking to the sales manager I was able to score the sport wheels from another truck on the lot. I was concerned they wouldn't look right on the truck, since the Laramie comes with 6 spoke wheels. Now I have a one of a kind truck with five spoke wheels, and I have to say I like the 5 spoke wheels better. I get excited everytime I drive the truck, a feeling I never got from the Chevy. I hope to have minimal problems with this truck since I paid a premium over my last one.

Anyways, I look foward to learning new things, and making new freinds.

Thanks,
Josh D.:smileup:

CajunDodge 02-05-2010 02:42 AM

Hello Josh and welcome to RamForumZ from another member of the Cajun Republic of Louisiana haha, glad you joined us, great to have ya'! Sounds like an awesome truck, and yeah, the weather down here hasn't been any better, but looking forward to those pics! Glad to hear you are happy with the Ram, and no offense taken, I really like the redesign myself, and if I could have waited, would have bought an '09 for sure! I'm sure you won't be disappointed, it'll be able to handle anything you can throw at it! Any other mods in mind for it? Lots of great people and helpful info here, so any questions you have, feel free to ask! Look forward to seeing you around and I hope you enjoy the board! :Hey:

- Cajun :pepper:

iRESQu 02-05-2010 06:10 AM

Welcome Josh. That's a great story. Enjoy the Z!

erm 02-05-2010 08:41 AM

Welcome to the forum, Josh. I assume your wife's R/T is a Charger, correct? Or is it a Challenger?

MightyBlueRam 02-05-2010 09:09 AM

Welcome to the forum!

hemiv8dodgeram1500 02-05-2010 09:14 AM

hello and welcome

foxcrazy90 02-05-2010 09:15 AM

welcome to the forum!!!

BlueJet 02-05-2010 09:29 AM

Hello and welcome! :wavey:

Glad to have you here! Any mods lined up yet for your truck? Post up some pics, we would love to see it! Enjoy the board!

City Slicker 02-05-2010 10:14 AM

Welcome! Glad to have you here!

Toms Blue Ram 1500 02-05-2010 02:39 PM

Glad you joined us Josh and welcome to the Z for Rams from Baltimore . Any pictures of your truck yet ? Any mods planned ? Any of your friends have Rams ? Tell them about us . We would love to have them . You will find this site is full of a lot of talented people . So if theres any question that you need answered , just shoot away . Talk to ya soon . Tom