DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   4.7L PowerTech V8 Specific Topics (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=205)
-   -   Magnaflow vs. Flowmaster (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=47870)

Deez Nutz 02-08-2010 01:29 PM

Magnaflow vs. Flowmaster

I'm trying to decide between flowmaster and magnaflow. I live in NY about an hour north of the city, there's alot of road salt and harsh conditions that have been known to be hard on exhaust systems, I heard that Flowmasters rust and wear faster? I like the Flowmaster American Thunder alot, but if it's gonna wear faster I might go for a Magnaflow. Should I order it right from the company's website or is there a good place to order from online that anyone knows of? Any other recommendations? I want a kinda deep throaty sound. I have a 4.7 too btw. thanks!

CHILLZ HEMI 02-08-2010 02:30 PM

Between those two I would go with Magnaflow...Off the top of my head I do not know any sites that sell Magnaflows a good price...But, just google it and look at all the sites you can, and compare shipping rates, with the price of the product itself...

erm 02-08-2010 02:58 PM

I prefer Magnaflow. It's quieter but not silent.

marineman 02-08-2010 03:07 PM

Find the part number you need from magnaflow's site then search ebay. I got the full stainless system for my old truck for 280 from Ebay.

jkulysses 02-08-2010 03:34 PM

Or check out ourdealsrock.com they have super fast and free shipping. They also carry Aero Turbine mufflers which are 304 stainless steel and have a liftetime guarantee. Just youtube the aero turbine 3030

Great White 02-09-2010 02:12 AM

I have Gibson Super Truck Exhaust on my 4.7 Ram QC.
Great price, easy install and great sound and looks Bad A**
:smileup:

Here's a link to check it out.

Link deleted - Admin.

Also links to vids on you tube if you google Dodge Gibson Super Truck Exhaust.

I have Magnaflows on my 04 Hemi Ram, so either way you can't go wrong!!!

canuckboy 02-09-2010 08:29 AM

Hey there,

I put a Cherry bomb muffler on my truck which is a typical knock off of a Flowmaster. The guy at the shop pulled the Flowmaster out of the box and the Cherry Bomb out and they were identical. I put the Cherry on cause it was half the price.

But you are correct with the saying that the Flowmaster will rot quicker. It will because 95% of the Magnaflow kits sold are stainless. My exhaust is not quite 3 years old and I doubt its going to hold together for another full year.

The salt and sand chew threw the aftermarket NON stainless stuff like crazy. For this reason I would definitely go Magnaflow. You can get a stainless steel kit for a super good deal if you look around. I will be going with a Magnaflow stainless catback system for my Ram as soon as I get the extra cash or this one rots off. Should be by next Fall.

Anyways good luck and maybe post some pics or vid once you got it all installed.

:smileup:

kevin dasneves 02-12-2010 06:13 PM

I had the american thunder cat back system on my truck and the muffler rotted out in about 3.5 years. I now have a custom magnaflow system custom bent by Lous custom exhaust and love it not as loud as the flowmaster but has a nice sound to it and should last alot longer

bones64 02-12-2010 06:18 PM

I really havent heard anything bad about either. Myself i want something with a rumble instead of real loud..............Thats all. Magnaflow is a little quiet compared to Flowmaster from what i understand.

eltoro2 02-13-2010 05:01 PM

go to mufflex com on your mufflers good price for stainless steel set up for you 09 . for the three inch in and duel 2.5 out . go to u tube mufflex muffler and listen to the 14 inch and 18 incn vido .