DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Movies And Entertainment (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   Glen Beck on Fox tv (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=48017)

daveredneck 02-11-2010 06:49 AM

Glen Beck on Fox tv

as somebody not living in the USA
but kinda have a fondness for America,and American things
driving V8 American vehicles here in the UK for the last 22 years ,
had 10 american fly drive holidays ,got to turn my hard earned UK s into USA $$$s ,
visited parts of alabama ,mississippi,louisiana,georgia,south carolina,kentucky,tennessee and florida,
usually car related intrests ,car shows/meets etc,corvette museum (but never owned one),drag racing and small satday night oval race meets,
( i will be on holiday for 16 days in an around florida from 12th march , from gainesville down gulf coast to clearwater then naples then upto daytona ,
thats 12 car meets sorted for this years trip :smileup:, but miss the swamp racing in naples:doh:)

I digress .....sorry ......back to Glen Beck programme on fox tv from America
i watch him (on satalite tv over here in the UK) an apart from him acting abit goofy at the times :hah:

any body watch him an thinks he has good ideas and notions about whats going/likely to happen to the USA
with regards to his thinking of the "progresives" in goverment (seems to me ......bad )
an how the "tea party" have gatherd huge support in opposition to them,
to me ,Glen Beck seems like he has right ideas ,and his anolgy on alot of wastefull goverment spending and the way the obama goverment is wanting to take the USA
and the amout of trilloins of $ of future debt the USA is heading ......that to me is mind blowing :Wow1:
and i thought the UK was in a bad way :sad:

so i watch him and think hes kinda good ,the way he explain's things with his chalk board,on how the USA could be heading for disaster
unless the USA goverment policy's changes direction with "their" (or should that be your)over taxation and over spending

am i right :smileup:or am i wrong :smiledown: about him ,.............just curious

iRESQu 02-11-2010 08:20 AM

I agree with you that he can be a bit silly or over dramatical. I also try to be watchful of nay-sayers, dooms-dayers. I do think he is right on the money though! I do try to follow him. I think I care for more for Bill O'Reilly though. The problem in America is younger generations are raised with the notion that they are "owed" something. They do not educate themselves on issues before going to the voting booths. The whole "it's all about me" scenerio is playing out before our very eyes. I would like to see traditional American values, morals and beliefs once again prosper. Without those in place, we are surely headed for hell in a handbasket!

erm 02-11-2010 09:44 AM

Mr. Beck, and his counterparts on all sides of the issues, tend to over dramatize the issues, finding key words that resonate with their audience, then embellishing beyond that.

Also, they tend to key in on one particular subject as if it were the most important, leading root cause of all ills, each and every day. Funny how they find another "most important, leading root cause of all ills" the next day.

I won't deny that things have been better and definitely could be better, however, some of what people such as Mr. Beck report is blown out of proportion.

The root cause of our problems is not singular...it is a multitude of issues that were either ignored or inflamed, depending on the legislation and political leanings of administration in power, the social mores in place at the time, the fiscal policies in place and the general health of the national economy.

Can they fix it? No...too many conflicting agendas and the greed of many is ever pervasive.

Kens04 02-11-2010 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MADDOG (Post 155285)
Mr. Beck, and his counterparts on all sides of the issues, tend to over dramatize the issues, finding key words that resonate with their audience, then embellishing beyond that.

Also, they tend to key in on one particular subject as if it were the most important, leading root cause of all ills, each and every day. Funny how they find another "most important, leading root cause of all ills" the next day.

I won't deny that things have been better and definitely could be better, however, some of what people such as Mr. Beck report is blown out of proportion.

The root cause of our problems is not singular...it is a multitude of issues that were either ignored or inflamed, depending on the legislation and political leanings of administration in power, the social mores in place at the time, the fiscal policies in place and the general health of the national economy.

Can they fix it? No...too many conflicting agendas and the greed of many is ever pervasive.

I dont know about all that, dont know that he has ever claimed any of his topics were "the root of all ills". But maybe he has, ive seen maybe 8 or 10 of his episodes and he seems to bring valid points to different topics each time...if you dont agree you might just be the only one since nobody ever wants to or has anything to fight him with. I do like how he openly invites people to challenge his ideas or "proof" rather, and yet no one ever wants to interview with him (Al Gore), funny thing about that is I dont agree with Becks views on global warming, however you cant deny that NONE of the GWarming scientists or Gore himself will confront him, talk about him in other interviews yes...but never meet with him.
I think its hillarious because Beck and his team seem (not that ive checked for myself) to bring hard evidence and proof to the table. Where is the new guy to prove this one wrong.

Bottom line for me, I do like how he reminds us that America is a country founded on certain ideas, and values and thats what made us great. Obviously altering those ideas and values along the way has proven itself damaging.

Kens04 02-11-2010 11:31 AM

Not sure what would warrent an over dramatized issue? I think what you said
"it is a multitude of issues that were either ignored or inflamed, depending on the legislation and political leanings of administration in power, the social mores in place at the time, the fiscal policies in place and the general health of the national economy"
actually does warrent this type of involvement from him.

Either way, he is kind of a nut. But what he has to say is hard to deny, whether his choice of words seem loaded to gain more attention or not.

MightyBlueRam 02-11-2010 09:17 PM

I enjoy watching and listening to his points but after a while he does wear on me a little with his doomsday style. But I do think he's got good points.

erm 02-12-2010 01:06 AM

That's the beauty of shows like this...it brings on the debate. Folks should not hide from the issues. Rather, they should discuss them. That's one way great ideas are brought forward and one could possibly be the most viable solution.

However, I still don't care for most of the talking heads out there.

Maybe it's because I'm a skeptic and always ask myself, "Why is this person so strident in their opinion on this issue? Do they really feel they way they do or is it for the bucks?"

That's just the way I am. But I do welcome all opinions. Without the debate there are no solutions.

daveredneck 02-12-2010 03:30 PM

thanks for the replies :smileup:

like been said here,i think he brings some intresting topics up,which look well worthy of debate and discussion ,and gives the people something to think about,

i also like the way Glen Beck encourages the people hes nameing and shameing to stand up against his facts and figures

sure seems likes he wants good old fashion values ,and the constitution leaving well alone,

deanthecrabman 02-12-2010 03:42 PM

http://www.politifact.com/personalit...ck/statements/

wvcoolvinilla 02-12-2010 04:54 PM

I love Glenn Beck.. btw you are going to be very close to the Don Garlets drag racing musem.. that is a must see..