DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Military (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   For Our Troops! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=48344)

iRESQu 02-18-2010 12:22 PM

For Our Troops!

http://media.causes.com/576542?p_id=92681239

I would also like to thank everyone who continues to support us as a military family with a deployed soldier!

God Speed!

GsxrSoldier4 04-15-2010 01:19 PM

Tango Mike!

Fury 04-15-2010 01:43 PM

I thought it was Tango Yankee Victor Mike. :gy:

GTyankee 04-15-2010 02:11 PM

my VFW/AM VETs post in Lakeside California often has functions where they send vans into San Diego & pick up sailors and or Marines that have just returned from overseas & bring them out to our Post for a day of fun & food. It gets them away from downtown, where liberty call is just hum drum. Its a lot better than even what the USO does in town for them. We recently had a bunch of guys & gals that were about to make E-7 out for a fund raiser, they wanted to do a car wash, & those guys & gals were kept busy all day long & had the full run of the Post & I don't think that could buy a beverage or burger, even if they wanted to.
If you know someone in the military, remember that they have to buy little things like toiletries, disposable razors, tooth brushes, tooth paste, kool aide, gum, Handi Wipes, etc. Not every care package has to be cookies & candy

Support those who keep us Free

iRESQu 04-15-2010 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTyankee (Post 195354)
my VFW/AM VETs post in Lakeside California often has functions where they send vans into San Diego & pick up sailors and or Marines that have just returned from overseas & bring them out to our Post for a day of fun & food. It gets them away from downtown, where liberty call is just hum drum. Its a lot better than even what the USO does in town for them. We recently had a bunch of guys & gals that were about to make E-7 out for a fund raiser, they wanted to do a car wash, & those guys & gals were kept busy all day long & had the full run of the Post & I don't think that could buy a beverage or burger, even if they wanted to.
If you know someone in the military, remember that they have to buy little things like toiletries, disposable razors, tooth brushes, tooth paste, kool aide, gum, Handi Wipes, etc. Not every care package has to be cookies & candy

Support those who keep us Free

Thanks, GT. That was my husbands biggest request for his troops and himself. They couldn't get a hold of necessities/personal hygiene items. Most FOB's (forward operating bases), are modernizing, but there are still a few that are tent living, like Scott's.
Thanks everyone for the continued support of our troops. It makes it easier on us girls back home...until he gets home. Gatty is his vacation, r/r.....he is so tickled, we all are! Can't wait to "get away"! :smileup:

2007Ram1500 04-15-2010 06:13 PM

I also agree with ICOVERU the support my wife recived and the support i got also was incredible. When i got to Afghan there wasnt a toliet or anything like that and the care packages we rcived DEFFINATLY helped us out alot! Well ICOVERU i hope you and youre husband enjoy R&R i know it helped alot for me! When does he get to come back stateside for R&R?

iRESQu 04-16-2010 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2007Ram1500 (Post 195509)
I also agree with ICOVERU the support my wife recived and the support i got also was incredible. When i got to Afghan there wasnt a toliet or anything like that and the care packages we rcived DEFFINATLY helped us out alot! Well ICOVERU i hope you and youre husband enjoy R&R i know it helped alot for me! When does he get to come back stateside for R&R?

He left in November....originally had r/r scheduled for August...)late one because of all the impending baby deliveries.....but he struck a "deal" with his Kernel or someone and he is coming home for Gatty! He leaves Bagram sometime at the end of May and should arrive home first week of June! Just enough time to finish mods on his car before we go. :smileup: We are so jazzed about Gatty! We REALLY need a reprieve....76 months, he's been gone 56! Don't ask me to describe what he looks like, I think I might have forgotten! :LOL: