DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram Warranty Issues (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Warranty.... (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=48392)

09 TRX AGGIE 02-19-2010 11:07 AM

Warranty....

So I have become close friends with the guy who sold me my truck. He is like the business manager at the dealership. He has gotten me a deal on everything I have done to my truck thus far. I was talking to him yesterday about ordering a mopar cai, and he informed me that basically any part or accessory that effects the overall performance of the truck will void the lifetime warranty. Even the mopar cai will void it, according the him. No exhaust, throttle body upgrade, intake, etc. No anything.

This is the person that will handle all my warranty claims, so I guess I will have to listen to him. Even though I have a serious problem with this, I guess I will be driving a non-moded, 'not-fast', and quiet truck. :smiledown:

RamTech 02-19-2010 11:19 AM

He's full of shit. Period. If he's not the warranty administrator or service manager, he can't even try to make a decision like that.

Kens04 02-19-2010 11:21 AM

Yeah something doesnt sound right with that.

erm 02-19-2010 11:21 AM

I agree with that ^^^. Google up and read the Magnuson-Moss act.

Miami RaM 02-19-2010 11:53 AM

I know in Florida in order to Void your warrenty they have to prove that the modification caused the damage.

Or you always have the option of removing your mods when you go to the dealer.

iRESQu 02-19-2010 12:45 PM

I second what they^^^^^said! With SOME of the mods I have, my truck has needed work and never was there a problem with my warranty work.

will 02-19-2010 12:54 PM

Tell that guy to stick his pen up his butt. lol Not really, he does not know what he is talking about. A MOPAR PRODUCT will be WARANTIED... If it was designed for the vehicle from mopar then it was made to work with the vehicle.

yeepjeep 02-19-2010 09:21 PM

I know around here it is up to the dealer to warrenty anything after it has been changed from stock, they pulled the warrenty on my Jeep after I threw a lift and tires on it ( i figured they would) so dealers though will cover it. I was looking at getting a lift kit from the dealer through mopar, and asked if they would cover it under warenty and they said that they would cover anything that isnt affected by the lift, or that the lift affects. So my axles and t-case tranny would have all been subject to review adn could have been voided. so i passed on buying the jeep for that reason. I will be talking wiht my dealer to find out what all will be covered and voided if I get around to some mods on the new truck.

Toms Blue Ram 1500 02-19-2010 09:29 PM

Sounds like it's time to find another friend .

dodgeman70592 02-19-2010 09:37 PM

I wouldn't get him Sh!t for Christmas!