DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2009 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Mods + Pics of a RAM in Germany (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=48598)

Nordlicht 02-23-2010 12:59 PM

Mods + Pics of a RAM in Germany

5 Attachment(s)
I just wanted to share some pics of my big baby with you. Some were taken after I had it imported to Germany last September, some are newer.

It's a 2009 RAM Laramie Crew Cab 4x4. It's fully loaded.

Mods so far:

1) changes to be able to get it road-ready in Germany:

- added a white parking light in the headlights
- deactivated the yellow running lights (I re-activated them later after I got the registration :-) )
- deactived the red turning signal, put a yellow turning signal in the back-up light housing
- added an extra back-up light under the rear bumper
- added a fog-light under the rear bumper
- reprogramming of the Mygig Navsystem with maps for Europe etc.

2) other mods:

- complete body cavity preservation and undercoating
- LPG-system with a 95 liter gas tank that replaces the spare tire
- german trailer hitch
- Truxedo LoPro QT Tonneau Cover
- Fastening System to work with the one that came with the Rambox. The same aluminum tracks are used for airplanes
- added a Lockpick + front camera
- Mopar rubber floor mats *wow*

3) Mods to come:

- Side steps (already ordered)
- electric tailgate lock
- electric exhaust cutout
- maybe some decals, haven't decided yet
- and whatever comes my way or catches my eye

- Nordlicht -

BlueJet 02-23-2010 02:16 PM

Very nice!! Great mod list too!

MightyBlueRam 02-23-2010 03:09 PM

Cool idea with the spare tire, sure makes it a lot easier if you have to change it.

CdnoilRAM 02-23-2010 03:22 PM

Looks good, and a good list of mods, though when I read body cavity protection I was thinking something TOTALLY different :LOL: so, your turning signals have to be yellow, they won't accept red? And what does the 'white parking light' look like?

Nordlicht 02-23-2010 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CdnoilRAM (Post 162128)
Looks good, and a good list of mods, though when I read body cavity protection I was thinking something TOTALLY different :LOL: so, your turning signals have to be yellow, they won't accept red? And what does the 'white parking light' look like?

"Body cavity protection" came up when I punched the german word in my online-dictionary. What would you call it? All german cars come standard with this rust protection, even the Chryslers from the austrian plant, but not the vehicles from the US. What they do is take off all the paneling and fill up every hole with a fluid to keep it from rusting. Hell of a lot of work.

"White parking light" is an extra light bulb in the housing of the front lights, basically your yellow parking lights, just in white.

- Nordlicht -

Toms Blue Ram 1500 02-23-2010 05:34 PM

Sweet looking truck . It's amazing the different features each country requires you to have when you import a vehicle to their country .

LYC79 02-23-2010 05:36 PM

Nice list and nice truck! :rep: thanks for the pics

2nd Ram 02-23-2010 11:27 PM

That "airplane fastening system" thing is a good idea!

98sst 02-23-2010 11:42 PM

Wow, had no idea that it didn't meet standards. What an awesome looking truck though!

Nordlicht 02-24-2010 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MightyBlueRam (Post 162115)
Cool idea with the spare tire, sure makes it a lot easier if you have to change it.

The spare is not always tied down there, only when I go on longer trips or holiday. The one on the picture is from an Audi A6, just used it for the picture. :)