DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   $600 Borla setup (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=49428)

Roadrunner Ram 03-12-2010 12:54 PM

$600 Borla setup

There is a new Borla dual with rear exit setup in my local paper today for $600.00 that will fit my Ram. I see Borla usually runs around a grand, $600 is still a lot. Is it worth the money ?

Toms Blue Ram 1500 03-12-2010 11:10 PM

Good price , but I still have a problem with spending that kind of money on a exhaust system knowing that our vehicles come from the factory mandrel bent and stainless steel already . So what are you paying for , an exhaust system that may be 1/2 " bigger in diameter . To me it aint worth it . I would rather put on a aftermarket muffler and keep the green stuff in my pockets .

erm 03-12-2010 11:32 PM

Borla is an excellent system. Priced at 60% of retail? That's a steal!

City Slicker 03-12-2010 11:33 PM

That is a good deal, I'd have to agree with Tom though.

CHVYKLR 03-12-2010 11:35 PM

TBR is right. I spent about $465 on my Magnaflow setup. It came with a new single in dual out muffler, new s/s piping from the muffler back to replace my stock dual setup and 5" tips instead of the stock 4". I did also get to delete the resonators by doing this but I prob could've found a cheaper route had I talked to more people and did a little more research.

I would keep cruising the forum for all years and models and see what others like. Also, you can Youtube different brands and listen to clips and find one you like. Hope this helps.

CdnoilRAM 03-13-2010 12:21 AM

Now they're all looking at the cost, not the R&D. While magnaflow has a great sound at full 8 cylinders, when the MDS kicks in the deep throaty sound goes all to hell. Now, the Borla system takes the MDS into account and there is no drone when it kicks in. I have the Borla dual rear for my '07 and the sound is constant, nice and mellow, but really throaty at WOT; also the muffler is highflow with good performance. I paid $1400cdn for my system, so if you can get a kit for $600, i would get all over that like stains on a mattress.

Incognito 03-13-2010 03:12 AM

For that price you can't go wrong! When it comes to exhausts, you get what you pay for. If a Magnaflow is only a couple hundred dollars less then spend the extra money and go for the Borla. Personally, I would put myself into debt purchasing the better exhaust. I would like to see someone say the Magnaflo or Flowmaster is better than Borla or Corsa. Don't pass up this deal, 'cause I'm sure most of us wouldn't.

bones64 03-13-2010 09:08 AM

Its not all about price...........Qualitty and performance. You will get that in the Borla. I would get it for those reasons. I do agree with other statements as well. If your just going for sound..........Dont waste your cash. Performance you bet. Sound,,,,just get a different muffler.:smileup:

Roadrunner Ram 03-13-2010 10:02 AM

Thanks everyone.. That helps out a lot, I think it's a great deal based on the research I've done. Still trying to figure out if I want to spend that much cash though.

bones64 03-13-2010 10:11 AM

Depends mainly on one thing to me...........Performance/quality. If thats what you want i would jump on it. Great deal.:smileup: