DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Exhaust (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Exhaust or Tuner? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=49453)

dru22 03-13-2010 01:21 AM

Exhaust or Tuner?

So, I have the K&N CIA and was looking towards the next mod, wondered what ya'll thought - what next? New exhaust (undecided specifics) or tuner (perhaps the superchip 3865) - if you could only do one for now, not knowing how long before being able to do the next.....thanks

youdontknowme1229 03-13-2010 02:38 AM

I did my exhaust on my 07 1500 4.7 first and got my superchips cortex tuner couple days later. i went cat back true dual exhaust, gained power, better sounding and when i can keep my foot out of it better mileage. the programer is great too 91 performance make a power change that you can really feel but lower mpg, the economy is better mpg but you can feel the lack of power, so i find my self changing back and forth and i have to use 91octane. so i would say exhaust first. youll get better milage and still have power when you need it without having to pull over and spend 5 min changing program. hope this helps with your choice

bones64 03-13-2010 09:11 AM

:thk:I guess i would go with the exhaust. Cat back system duals. You might change your mind in time to do something else as well. You will get some performance out of it. Hey you might say ahhhhhhhhhh thats all i need.:LOL:

City Slicker 03-13-2010 12:57 PM

I'd say exhaust, then tuner :smileup:

tex02 03-15-2010 10:58 AM

you will see more of a difference from a tuner first exhaust is easy and cheap

chithead 03-15-2010 11:14 AM

I did tuner before CAI and noticed a significant increase. CAI added a bit more throttle response, only reason I am going with exhaust is to lose the resonator. The stock exhaust flows pretty well on these newer trucks.

Bobcat06 03-15-2010 12:55 PM

Hey, has Bully Dog released the tuner for the 4.7L engine yet? I know you've been testing it and wondered what the progress is on it. From your reviews i'm almost convinced i'll be picking one up once I get caught up on a few things first.

chithead 03-15-2010 01:36 PM

I did see where they are looking for beta testers on the earlier version 4.7 trucks... you should definitely check into it!

dru22 03-16-2010 12:15 AM

thanks for the replies - i bit the bullet and ordered the superchips flashpaq 3685 tonight....got to looking into dual exhaust and everywhere i looked was too pricey for now, especially for the good stuff!

tex, tell me how to do exhaust cheap (read: inexpensive)!! I've read 'bout the y pipe around here, but who & how much to get it installed? What/ where's the best "bang for your buck" in exhaust?

what's a goin rate for these "discount muffler places" - are those the better places to get?

dru22 03-16-2010 10:36 PM

hello? what a ya think?