DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2010 leveling by dropping the rear 1 inche. (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=49636)

StoneyWV 03-16-2010 01:12 PM

2010 leveling by dropping the rear 1 inche.

does anyone make the springs to lower the rear of the 09-10 Dodge rams. All the leveling kits are to raise the front by 2 inches, but everyone has issues with them. I just want the look and would be happy to drop the rear 1.5 inches instead, which shouldn't affect anything on the truck.

Anyone know of company making aftermarket springs for 09-10 rear yet?

dustin72 03-23-2010 03:23 PM

I also would like to know this.

bones64 03-23-2010 04:43 PM

You can check to see if you can get a 1 to 1.5 lowering shackle for the rear.

SPEEDFREAK 03-23-2010 05:02 PM

lowering 09 10 ram

I allso want to lower the rear of my truck. i have a 2010 ram rt. here is a thought i was looking at the new shocks that bilestian sells for our ram they are adjustable just the fronts can lower the front some just what i wanted. i wish they made rear adjustable shocks it would answer everybodys problem. what gives. why are we all ways waiting for what we want? if i was in that market i would have allready made it, collect the money and sit back. these companys makes you wonder how they survive.

dustin72 03-23-2010 11:09 PM

All we need is as set of drop springs for the rear. It would be great if the aftermarket made drop springs in 1 inch increments to lower as desired, like they do for my 1972 Chevy C10.

MotorCityRam 03-27-2010 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPEEDFREAK (Post 179129)
I allso want to lower the rear of my truck. i have a 2010 ram rt. here is a thought i was looking at the new shocks that bilestian sells for our ram they are adjustable just the fronts can lower the front some just what i wanted. i wish they made rear adjustable shocks it would answer everybodys problem. what gives. why are we all ways waiting for what we want? if i was in that market i would have allready made it, collect the money and sit back. these companys makes you wonder how they survive.

Shocks don't lower, they just dampen the spring's rebound. Shorter springs are required for a drop or a drop spindle in front.

09 RT RAM 03-27-2010 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPEEDFREAK (Post 179129)

I agree. The aftermarket is slow. But Dodge was about to go BK so it figures that R&D was non existant from the suspension manufacturers. We have GroundForce....SPRINGTECH etc. NO ONE lists specs. Spring rates, shock jounce/rebounce etc. This whole gig just cracks me up. The front adjustable Bilstein's that you refer to are for 4WD only.......

Eibach should have something eventually. Eibach springs used to be German. HAL QA1 shocks are available custom made. I had them on my 2000 Lightning and they were 10 way adjustables. I am in contact with them. You need to know center to centerline of shock mountings....resting static state on the wheels.....and shock type mounting. They will make them.........cost.....not cheap. :D

CdnoilRAM 03-27-2010 09:30 PM

Ground force makes a 2/3 drop kit for the '09+, so I'm surprised you can't get a set of the rear drop springs from them.