DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   If your truck CAME with 4.10's OR 3.92s look here... please (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=49793)

will 03-19-2010 04:48 PM

If your truck CAME with 4.10's OR 3.92s look here... please

OK I have it lined up with my dealer to install my gears, but he needs a VIN to pull the gear ratio up and order it. He said that he needs a VIN of a truck with 3.92, or 4.10's in order to order them.

So can I please use your VIN to give to the parts guy at DODGE so he can order my gears. I will not use your VIN for any other reason, I SWEAR...
I am only going through dealer because they will warranty it, especially being it is a chrysler product. anyway thanks..

RamTech 03-19-2010 10:23 PM

I can't imagine why they would need a VIN other than yours to do that and even so, why they can't pull one from their inventory. All they should need is the last 9 of the VIN.

will 03-20-2010 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Remerson228 (Post 176495)
I can't imagine why they would need a VIN other than yours to do that and even so, why they can't pull one from their inventory. All they should need is the last 9 of the VIN.

The parts manager told me when he uses my vin it brings up what I have. He said the only way he can order the righ size ratio for me is to hae a VIN of the truck with them so he can pull it up and order them. I have been to 2 dealers now, and neither one had a truck with 4.10s. :(

will 03-20-2010 04:15 PM

to the top..

ScatPak07 03-20-2010 06:21 PM

Hmmm I would think you should be able to ask them to order those for you. Well I do not have 4.10s but I am interested to see how this works out for you!

MotorCityRam 03-20-2010 06:26 PM

Do a search of inventories on your local dealer's webpages. Pull up the window stickers on any of 'em w/ $35k+ stickers and you should easily find one w/ 3.92s. My local dealer has at least one on the lot right now w/ 3.92s.

I too don't understand the need for a different VIN. I'm guessing they must be listing this as a repair and not a customer requested change. This COULD be an issue if someone that gives a VIN then themselves has an actual problem, goes in for repair, and gets grief because the system already shows a similar repair listed.

will 03-20-2010 06:50 PM

Hey scat, I did my own work, I had a guy come to my shop today with a sport R/t with 4.10s and he gave me the vin. THANKS ANYWAYS to all who viewed and wanted to help, I guess it was luck that was on my side today.

will 03-20-2010 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotorCityRam (Post 176895)
Do a search of inventories on your local dealer's webpages. Pull up the window stickers on any of 'em w/ $35k+ stickers and you should easily find one w/ 3.92s. My local dealer has at least one on the lot right now w/ 3.92s.

I too don't understand the need for a different VIN. I'm guessing they must be listing this as a repair and not a customer requested change. This COULD be an issue if someone that gives a VIN then themselves has an actual problem, goes in for repair, and gets grief because the system already shows a similar repair listed.

The parts guy said it would not affect them. He just needed it to pull up the correct ration for the coreect axle and truck. Ordering it was different, as far as he told me.

MotorCityRam 03-20-2010 07:01 PM

Seems odd that he'd need a VIN to search that. You can find it on the Mopar site easy enough. I hope you didn't pay what they list 'em for on there!! $900+ is crazy!

will 03-20-2010 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotorCityRam (Post 176910)
Seems odd that he'd need a VIN to search that. You can find it on the Mopar site easy enough. I hope you didn't pay what they list 'em for on there!! $900+ is crazy!

Warranty.... its worth it....