DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Newbie Checkin! (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Vibration around 2500 rpms (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=49912)

lucidanomaly 03-21-2010 05:01 PM

Vibration around 2500 rpms

I have a 2002 Ram 1500 QC 4x4, 4.7 liter engine. I have a weird vibration that only occurs around 2500 rpms. It can be felt through the gas pedal and floor. It lasts only a second or two until the trans shifts and the rpms drop. It also will stop if I keep accelerating past 2500 rpms. It will do this no matter what gear the trans in, it only matters that the engine is reaching 2500 rpms. The vibration also caused a "wonk" sound, seemingly coming from the exhaust, so the dealer thought it was a bad baffle in the muffler. Replaced the muffler, which did need replacing, and the wonk sound went away, but the vibration is still there. Doesn't seem to be a driveline issue to me, because it doesn't matter what gear the trans is in, or what speed the truck is going. Only when the rpms reach about 2500, it will vibrate until the rpms drop or go up. I can hold the accelerator to keep it at 2500 rpms and the vibration will stay untill I let the trans shift or accelerate harder to increase rpms. This has been going on for several years, so maybe its not a serious mechanical problem, but its driving me nuts! Any ideas.....please??

dodgeman70592 03-21-2010 05:11 PM

Welcome to the Z!!! Interesting issue you are having, not sure what to tell ya on it, others should chime in soon. Glad to have ya, enjoy the board!

Toms Blue Ram 1500 03-21-2010 06:00 PM

Glad you joined us and welcome to the Z for Rams from Baltimore . Not real sure about the issue your having . If you could go to the top of the page to the User Cp and complete your profile that would be great . Helps us see what you have when your posting a question . Do you have any pictures of your truck ? Have you done any mods or have plans for mods in the future ? Any of your friends have Rams ? Tell them about us . We would love to have them . You will find this site is full of a lot of talented people . So if theres any question that you need answered , just shoot away . Talk to ya soon . Tom

bones64 03-21-2010 06:12 PM

I have a 03 but i have no issues like that. I cant think of anything there iam affraid. Sorry. Nothing a little loose in and around that area to cause a vibration?

CajunDodge 03-21-2010 08:51 PM

Hello and welcome to RamForumZ, glad you joined us here! Sorry to hear about your problem, and while I don't really have an answer for you, there are plenty of folks on here who can help, so hang in there! Have you had anyone take a look at it? Lots of great people and info here, and if you take a moment to complete your profile info in your User CP, it will help us help you as your truck info will show in all your posts, but good luck and be sure to keep us posted! I hope you enjoy the board! :Hey:

- Cajun

wermbang 03-21-2010 11:17 PM

Hello and welcome. I do not have the answer for you either bu there are a lot of talented people on this site, and I am sure someone will be able to help. If your looking for some accessories check out our vendor section and may the modding continue or begin
http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53

MightyBlueRam 03-21-2010 11:23 PM

Welcome to the forum! Hopefully you will get your question answered soon. You could also try to post your question in one of the other threads where all the members visit as not everyone visits the newbie thread. Got pics of your truck, we'd love to see them.

City Slicker 03-22-2010 07:33 AM

Welcome! Glad to have you here!

RamTech 03-22-2010 08:32 AM

Does it have this vibration in park or neutral at 2500 RPM?

BlueJet 03-22-2010 09:46 AM

Hello and welcome! :wavey:

Glad to have you here, I hope you enjoy the board!