DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Dealers (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=50128)

2010Ramowner 03-25-2010 03:24 AM

Dealers

There are two Dodge/Chrysler dealers in town. At the first I went to in the fall of 2009, the salesman was a gold level long time salesman but when I showed him the 2010 Ram brochure and tried to price a Ram R/T he looked at me and said that model wasn't even available but the dealership had a nice V-6 Charger that I'd be interested in. I told him my 06 G6 GTP would blow its doors off so why would I trade for that and left.
I phoned Dodge Canada when I got home and was told the model of Ram was indeed available and I had better try another dealer; and I did.
Went to Kingston Chrysler Dodge and even got a rookie salesman and yet we hammered out a deal I could live with (He did try to sell me a V-6 Challenger that was on their lot.) and I signed.
The salesman was most helpful, the finance manager (I had dealt with him in 2006 when he was a salesman and I wanted to buy a Magnum R/T.) was also most helpful and seemed to be working on my side as we tried to arrive at a deal I could live with. He never once tried any tricks or subterfuge.
When Chrysler Canada started messing around with my order and didn't communicate with me nor the dealership either, the sales manager bent over backwards to work on my side, e-mailing or phoning the Dodge dealer rep almost daily and even sending a sharp, lengthy e-mail to Dodge Canada stating my case.
When I took a bus to the dealership in the winter, he paid for a taxi to take me home and then gave me a number of taxi chits billable to the dealership. When Dodge refused to sell me the 22" rims, he tried everything to get Dodge to change its mind.
The service manager to whom I was introduced seemed friendly and efficient so I have good vibes for when my truck finally arrives. Both times I have dealt with the dealership, I was surprised at the absence of pushiness or dealer/salesman tricks I have seen at other dealers and in past buying experiences.
2010Ramowner

hemiv8dodgeram1500 03-25-2010 03:32 AM

well thats good to hear these days its getting hard to get a honest dealer

Ruffian11 03-25-2010 03:46 AM

Good to hear! atleast you have a reputable dealer to take your vehicle back to should the need arrive! :smileup: its nice to know some dealerships still respect and work towards a great custom relationship...especially with new customers :)

bones64 03-25-2010 09:08 AM

:smileup:Glad to hear that. Being born and raised from your city i know exactly who you are refering to. You went to the right place. When is it coming?

MightyBlueRam 03-25-2010 10:16 AM

I just love how you go in asking for a truck and they try and sell you a car. Great listeners aren't they?

MOPAR MULiSHA 03-25-2010 10:27 AM

Very good to hear! Being 24 and hopping around dealers for the right truck I ran into similiar crap with salesman just not wanting to work with me even though I could have bought the truck that day. Had a dealer even suggest a Honda Ridgeline with 80K miles to me because I drove 2hrs to look at a ram they had sold that morning and neglected to call me even though I had set up the test drive the day before driving up!

ScatPak07 03-25-2010 10:31 AM

Glad you found a good dealer that was on your side! And congrats on the new truck!!!

cuda71 04-07-2010 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alpine Mulisha (Post 180425)
Very good to hear! Being 24 and hopping around dealers for the right truck I ran into similiar crap with salesman just not wanting to work with me even though I could have bought the truck that day. Had a dealer even suggest a Honda Ridgeline with 80K miles to me because I drove 2hrs to look at a ram they had sold that morning and neglected to call me even though I had set up the test drive the day before driving up!

Wow! I had a simlar thing happen to me when I was looking for my last two trucks. The dealership I bought my truck from was 3hrs away but it was worth the drive, very friendly, and not pushy at all.

CdnoilRAM 04-07-2010 01:03 AM

See! There ARE good dealerships out there, they're just lurking among all the mediocre ones. Glad to hear some good dealership stories.