DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram Detailing and General Maintenance Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Tips on cleaning (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=50397)

ej28405 03-29-2010 12:33 AM

Tips on cleaning

Well I've had my precious for about a week now and its getting just about due for a cleaning. Just curious as to whether anyone has some reccomendations or tips on what works best to use on the inside and outside without scratching the paint or damaging anything. Thanks ahead of time!:smileup:

hemiv8dodgeram1500 03-29-2010 12:39 AM

i use armorial wash and wax once a week but it starts to look dirty around mid week if i wash on saturday as for wax i dont remember what i have in the garage :LOL:

wermbang 03-29-2010 12:40 AM

I use ppc products, ppc-best.com is there stuff. They are a local company for me, but I really like there stuff, been using for about 8 years.
Formula 2 and Prestige are my favorites, but got some of their alluminum polish to do my roll and nerf bars. Got some surface rust and it takes it away and puts a layer of protection on it. I will be doing a write up the review hopefully this week, with before and after photos.

Excoastie 03-29-2010 08:27 AM

I'll usually use the Mr Clean system to wash... that "magic water" spotless rinse is pretty wonderful stuff!

to wax I've been using "Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0" it's good stuff too.

to treat the leather it's Meguiar's leather wipes/ spray cleaner/conditioner. everything else inside I use "Ice" interior cleaner by Turtle Wax. I don't do winders... the wife will use the "Invisible Glass" wipes when the winders need cleaning

Exco

Fury 03-29-2010 09:01 AM

I use P21S Shampoo, wheel cleaner and wax. When doing the washing I will use two buckets. One for the shampoo and the other to dip the dirty mit before before I put it back into the shampoo. Only use micro fiber mits/towles to wash and dry the truck.

Inside I use a combo of 1Z einszett Cockpit Premium Interior Cleaner and Adam's V.R.T.

watterson 03-29-2010 09:37 AM

I also use Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0. When I get bugs or tar from the roads I also use the clay bar. I have a 2009 that still looks show room ready.

CdnoilRAM 03-29-2010 11:23 AM

I'm a Mother's fan through and through. I keep a whole load of the little red bottles in my truck for when I'm on the road too. I also try to follow the maintenance program that mother's put together on their website, so far's been working great for me. Claybar and 3 step spring strip/polish/caranuba wax and monthly waxing, protectant every wash, tire cleaner, billet rim polish with a power ball. One thing i've started to do is color match my towels, green microfiber for rocker panels, yellow terry cloth for hood and upper body, blue microfiber for rims/pipes that way I don't contaminate any other areas from the heavy dirt collecting areas.

jimbo 03-30-2010 03:36 PM

Well if you were here in Oklahoma City I'd say just go to any street corner and 10 Mexicans will gladly spit shine your car/truck for $5.00. Dang white men on the corners wont do crap, all they want is for you to give them money so that they can go buy booz and make you believe they are poor.

jimbo 03-30-2010 03:36 PM

No racists attitude intended, true facts.

Barnyard 03-30-2010 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbo (Post 184910)
Well if you were here in Oklahoma City I'd say just go to any street corner and 10 Mexicans will gladly spit shine your car/truck for $5.00. Dang white men on the corners wont do crap, all they want is for you to give them money so that they can go buy booz and make you believe they are poor.

Is that supposed to be funny? :4-dontknow: The guy asked for advice on washing/waxing his new truck, not your opinion of the happenings at the street corner. :smiledown: