Rug Doctor on Upholstery
Ok, I decided to put a thread here showing what I was able to achieve using my rug doctor machine with hand tool. If you're not aware of what a rug doctor is, it's basically rug cleaning machine that can be rented from most hardware and grocery stores. I decided to buy mine as I got to lazy in going back and forth to the store renting them. My equipment was basic:
- Rug Doctor w/Hand Tool
- Shop Vac or other vaccum
- 1/4 cup Simple Green mixed with 1/2 gallon water
- Upholstery brush bought at Wally World
My proceedure was as follows:
1) Vaccumed carpet to get big loose debris up
2) Used upholstery brush to dry scrub carpet to get up as much dirt and debris as possible.
4) Sprayed solution from Rug Doctor's hand tool LIBERALLY over carpet. I made 2 passes over the area I was cleaning at about 2-3" above the carpet. The areas was wet, but NOT saturated.
5) Used upholstery brush to scrub the area going both with and against the "grain" of the carpet.
6) Used the hand tool on the rug doctor to suck up as much solution as possible, again going with and against the "grain" of the carpet.
7) Repeated area if needed.
8) After everything was dry (which wasn't long) I vaccumed the carpet one last time.
Here are the results of the floor mats, both before and after! I was amazed!
As you can see, the simple green solution worked great! Considering you can buy a jug of this (which makes up to 15 gallons worth) for under $5.00 and can be used on so many areas of our truck, how can you go wrong! Anyway, the past two days where spent doing the entire truck, both inside and out. Man do I feel tired too! Enjoy!
Nice job, they look great!! Take a break, you deserve it!! :rep:
Thanks for the pics!
I've got a pretty nice coffee stain of my passenger side (got it from the dealership that way) I'll have to look into this treatment, thanks.
Did a great job, looks nice and clean just by looking at the mats, can only imagine how different the interior is.
I see a new purchase in my future...
So you just used Simple Green (not the solution 'made' for the carpet cleaner, correct? I may have to try that on the house next time!
Wow those came out really good! Thats a good thing to do at the same time you are planning on cleaning the house carpets. Rent it for the day and clean everything you own hahaa
Barnyard - yep just a 1:30 solution of simple green to water ratio. Go to ANY store pretty much and pick up the jug size container that says it'll make up to 15 gallons. For the truck I only used 1/2 gallon. This Monday or Tuesday I may try it on our carpets to see how it comes out. It's a lot better than the overly priced chemical stuff. I have a new grandbaby that is living with us, so the less chemicals the better. Simple Green is a biodegradable solution, so it's a bit safer than the Rug Doctor stuff. Thank you to everyone for the comments!
at where i work... best way to clean the floor mates is actually with a presser washer.. give it a try.. soon as u start blasting it with a presser washer.. you will see right away what the rug doctor left out
presser washing ur carpet will take all of the fine dirt, sand and crap that sits at the bottom... it wont hurt them, just needs to be hung up to dry after
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:18 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger