DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2009 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Rusty bumpers.... (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=50716)

Recfsh 04-03-2010 09:07 PM

Rusty bumpers....

OK, I've seen this topic recently so I figure I'd post again. Finally the weather in NJ is nice enough to get out and wash the truck.

I noticed the bumpers are showing rust spots.... Even the chrome Mopar running boards have signs of early rust spots. Has anyone address this with their local dodge dealer?

Thanks
Gus

City Slicker 04-03-2010 11:27 PM

I think I remember seeing a couple of old posts on here with the same problem. I'd go to the dealer if I was you.

RamLover 05-09-2010 09:16 PM

I've got the same problem on my front bumper. Asked about it at Dodge and the dude said Its something Dodge is aware of and trying to fix.. He didn't know if there's gonna be a recall or not either. Also he said it's a common problem on the Laramie especially..

1badram 05-09-2010 09:18 PM

i had this issue with my ram, they call it bumper to bumper warenty for a reason. The dealer replaced my bumpers.

RamTex 05-09-2010 09:22 PM

Replacing the bumpers really doesn't fix the problem. They really need a recall on this one IMO.

Medic1 05-11-2010 04:34 PM

My dealer tells me that they have a spray on cleaner that they are supposed to try first (which they did on mine and it cleaned everything up nicely) as long as you take it in early and don't wait for them to get horrible.

Also, they tell me Dodge is well aware and possibly issuing an RRT or Recall in the future as they are in the process of changing the way they chrome the bumper

Ruffian11 05-11-2010 09:01 PM

atleast they are doing something about it!! your best bet is to take it to the dealer as rust should not be starting that early! hope there is a more permanent fix for this problem though...no one wants to deal with rust!

0007 05-11-2010 11:03 PM

Mr Clean magic eraser works like a hot damn on a rusty bumper

Ram15002ndgen 05-11-2010 11:11 PM

You all can thank the government for that. It's not Dodge's fault, it is the intrusive regulations by our wonderful government. Paints have gone to crap and now so has chroming. They make it so hard to do a descent job that it's no surprise that it will start to rust early. The government (who doesn't really know how to do anything correctly any more) micromanages everything to death. My 97 is still clean and rust free, but it has 13 year old chroming technology on it.

mr.fish 03-25-2011 05:07 PM

rusty bumper

I have a 2009 dodge ram and had the rusty front bumper replaced by the dealer. Well it's back . I now have another rusty bumper and have to make a 40 mile trip to show them. They tell me they have seen a few with that problem. Well fix it already!!!!!!!!!!!!!