DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Outside door handles (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=50823)

bones64 04-05-2010 06:47 PM

Outside door handles

hello everyone. Im not sure if anyone has this same sort of problem. I cannot stand the looks of my black outside handles. No matter how much cleaning and armourall ect. they just look like crap. Is there paintable handle covers you can get? I have seen them in chrome but not paintable.:4-dontknow:

wester399 04-05-2010 07:40 PM

could you prime and paint the stock plasic ones ? i dont see why not .

bones64 04-05-2010 08:23 PM

:4-dontknow:Im not sure...............It would be a bit of a pain.....not looking to take them apart at all. I thought since they made chrome ones you might be able to get paint to match??????????????????????

ScatPak07 04-05-2010 08:51 PM

I use the Mothers back to black on mine and they turn out really good! I think you should try that out if you have not already. It gets rid of all oxidation and build up off them. It worked well for me, hope it does for you

iRESQu 04-05-2010 08:53 PM

I am glad to read this...I cannot stand mine either! Good thread!
Thanks Bones!

Ruffian11 04-05-2010 09:20 PM

I like my chrome ones! what if you ordered the chrome ones though....primed them and got a can of color matched spray paint? then just painted the chrome to whatever color you want or need! :smileup:

Roadrunner Ram 04-05-2010 09:29 PM

I say buy the chrome one's, sand and paint'em..:smileup:

bones64 04-06-2010 12:10 PM

:smileup:Thanks all..........If i can get a set at a decent price i might. I thought its kind of odd that they make chrome ones but nothing else????????? Scat tried the mothers back to black it worked but for a short time only. Mine is a 03...........Just to gone perhaps.Thanks for the help all.:smileup:

BIGDROCH 04-06-2010 03:35 PM

if you want some super badass billet ones try www.grippinbillet.com I have 2 sets of Pythons freshly chromed waiting to be put on.... they're pretty wild lol... ALthough i do like my chromed billet factory looking ones...

Check it out....

and FYI, you can sand and paint your own handles..... I painted my handle BASES and mirrors. I got the factory primer, white paint, and clear and after lots of sanding, 3 coats of primer 3 of white and 3 clears... they look factory.... It's a lot of work but worth it...

droshemiram 04-06-2010 05:03 PM

covers seem to be the easiest way to get rid of your problem plus if you dont like it you can always switch covers or colors.