DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2010 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Loaded TRX or laramie? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=50925)

0007 04-07-2010 03:41 PM

Loaded TRX or laramie?

What would you guys do
I did a Build it and they are about the same price, any real advantage to a TRX?

City Slicker 04-07-2010 03:44 PM

The Laramie model has always screamed luxury to me. All the extra options make the truck very high-class IMO :smileup:

cuda71 04-07-2010 04:02 PM

Isn't the TRX set up a little bit more for offroad, with the suspension and tires, and like DSPTYWCADET said Laramie is the more luxury edition.

GTyankee 04-07-2010 06:25 PM

0007 Welcome to the ForumZ
i believe that the TRX gives you the ability of going off road, although its still great on the pavement
the laramie is more for luxury highway use, with the paper wood grain panels & all
if you want to tow or carry a load they both are good in the 2500 series
the 2500 series 5.7 engines do not have MDS, so they are always running on 8 cylinders

so i guess you have to decide what your uses will be, then decide between the 2

cuda71 04-07-2010 06:52 PM

Hmmm learn something new every day. Didn't realize the 2500 Hemi's didn't have MDS.

sking 04-07-2010 08:27 PM

Having a TRX4 myself, I say get the laramine. No dual exhaust on the trx and if you want to lift it, its more of a problem. The trx4 does have heavier springs and shocks and comes with 17 inch off road wheels and tires.

ScatPak07 04-07-2010 08:32 PM

I think the laramie would be the best choice if you are not going off road. You will like the way the truck looks on the inside since it is luxurious. The TRX has the off road suspension on it so it may be a little rougher on the roads. If you are planing on lifting the truck and bigger tires all that good stuff maybe the TRX would be god to go with.

The ball is in your court now buddy!

CanadianInfernoRed 04-07-2010 09:49 PM

It all depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for practical use then TRX ... if you are looking for high class - laramie

Dodgeystyle 04-08-2010 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianInfernoRed (Post 190513)
It all depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for practical use then TRX ... if you are looking for high class - laramie

I couldn't agree more. But usually if you're buying a truck it's cuz you need a truck and it should be used for what it's built for... working and playing hard! laramie's are luxurious but they are still a dodge and still take a pounding, just comes down to personal preference.

just my 2 cents...:4-dontknow:

Casualdreamer 04-08-2010 04:52 AM

It is all on what you are looking for as stated above. I was looking at the Laramie also but in the Marine Corps my job takes me offroad sometime and I am not a real chrome kinda guy. I optioned for the sport as becuase the Hemi came standard. Don't get me wrong the Laramie is an AWESOME truck but to classy for me becuase I get dirty quite often...