DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Exhaust (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   50.00 exhaust and 1 smiling guy (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=51020)

olsarge 04-09-2010 11:58 AM

50.00 exhaust and 1 smiling guy

alright so for easter wifey said the bunny had dropped something off for me and low and behold it was a thrush stainless turbo muffler. (prettyt big bunny if you ask me).

so I finally got it on and let me tell you it was exactly what I was looking for nice mellow tone almost like my old magnaflow ( but not as nice). I have to say when I looked at the bank I was a happy camper too 20.00 from advanced. Now I wasn't crazy about it being a "turbo muffler" but hey i figured what the hey. got it put on for 30.00 and they guy did quality work not crap..... like when I got my ford done where the ahole just put a 3' muffler on a 2 1/4 pipe and just filled the gap he couldn't even expand a small pipe, old news though....but to be honest I was very impressed with the sound its not annoying on start up and has a nice tone when you got WOT or when simply giving it some pedal I ll have pics and a vid shortly.

anyone else running a turbo style muffler

City Slicker 04-09-2010 12:14 PM

Congrats man! I'm looking forward to the video :smileup:

chithead 04-09-2010 12:25 PM

Great review, I am looking at the Thrush welded muffler myself. They have a great price too!

olsarge 04-09-2010 12:28 PM

4 Attachment(s)
alright here are the pics and some video from my cell I will get better audio when its not windy and I can find my camera:LOL:

olsarge 04-09-2010 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chithead (Post 191561)
Great review, I am looking at the Thrush welded muffler myself. They have a great price too!

yes they do and actually I heard one about a week ago on a hemi ram and it sounded wicked but they do have a flowmastery sound to them. are you considering the cast iron or stainless bc I believe that I heard a cast iron not stainless.

City Slicker 04-09-2010 12:31 PM

The pics look good, thanks :smileup:

chithead 04-09-2010 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olsarge (Post 191564)
yes they do and actually I heard one about a week ago on a hemi ram and it sounded wicked but they do have a flowmastery sound to them. are you considering the cast iron or stainless bc I believe that I heard a cast iron not stainless.

Cast I believe. Might have to reconsider if you are saying they are a bit louder. I really don't want something obnoxious (like on my 2004 Hemi with a Flowmaster)

olsarge 04-09-2010 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chithead (Post 191580)
Cast I believe. Might have to reconsider if you are saying they are a bit louder. I really don't want something obnoxious (like on my 2004 Hemi with a Flowmaster)

Well if I remember correctly the sound clips on their website are from an older mopar hemi

CdnoilRAM 04-10-2010 12:03 AM

looks like a good install, and you can't beat that price :smileup: