DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram Detailing and General Maintenance Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Debadge Problem (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=51068)

kjc63 04-10-2010 09:15 PM

Debadge Problem

Wondering if anyone can help me. I debadged my 2009 Ram Sport today. It went ok until I took a look afterward. I can easily see where the badges were, almost like its a totally different color. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to get rid it, or do I need to put the badges back on? I have tried polishing and waxing and even rubbing compound, none make any difference. Thanks.

hemiv8dodgeram1500 04-10-2010 09:29 PM

i wouldnt know but it probably needs to just fade

CdnoilRAM 04-10-2010 09:31 PM

I was able to remove the outlines by using a scratch remover followed by a polish then wax, worked for me. it will eventually even out with the rest of the paint after a couple of applications.

col 04-10-2010 10:00 PM

:smileup:Sounds to me like you just have a little adhesive left on the surface. Just put a little Gasoline on a clean cloth & wipe over the area, maybe once or twice . Good luck & let us know how you go on......:smileup:

col 04-10-2010 10:04 PM

Show us some pic's kjc63........Should be no lines on a 2009

erm 04-10-2010 10:31 PM

Some of the surrounding paint, that wasn't covered, probably faded a bit. The uncovered portion will eventually fade as well.

I had a bit of a different issue but a good cut & buff, with wax and polish afterward, fixed that.

silvermist 04-11-2010 03:39 AM

either that or you seeing a wax build up, go get a wax and grease remover cloth from a automotive place like canadian tire or pep boys and wipe the are and then wipe dry with a clean lint free cloth then hit it with a sratch remover and then wax the area and it should make it less noticable.

Fury 04-11-2010 04:13 AM

Not sure if you got all the adhesive off. Did you use Goo Gone? It will take all the adhesive off. Then wash the truck and add some wax to that section.

It might be from your truck being Red. I know in the past when I've done silver I haven't had any problems.

kjc63 04-11-2010 08:53 AM

I definitely got all the glue off, I used adhesive remover for decals (basically Goo Gone), and it is more than just outlines. The entire area that was under the badges looks like a different color, actually is more faded looking than the exposed paint. You can easily see the words RAM and HEMI now on the side of my truck. I will try to get some pics when the wife brings our camera back from her trip to NYC. Thanks for all the info, the only thing I can try is scratch remover, but I already tried polishing and waxing and that didn't make any difference. I am considering painting the decals black and putting them back on, although I prefer the de badged look.

Fury 04-11-2010 09:09 AM

You may want to try and claybar that area and then wax it again. I love the debadge look myself. I took the RAM off, but the hemi is coming of soon.