DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Interior Cleaning and Maintenance! (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   Need some advice with stains! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=51179)

ScatPak07 04-12-2010 10:02 PM

Need some advice with stains!

Hey Guys!:Hey:

I am a smoker and I smoke in my truck all the time. I bought some Febreez for my truck, the automotive one. I spray the truck all the time and noticed that when I sprayed the headliner too close it left a stain. :doh:

I do not know how to take care of it??? I have some carpet cleaner but I did not want to spray it yet, I wanted to know if that will hurt the headliner.:4-dontknow::4-dontknow:

So if anyone can help that would be great, this is really bugging me! I notice it everytime I get in and I really hate it!!!!!

CdnoilRAM 04-12-2010 10:15 PM

time for a suede headliner! C'mon, ya know ya wanna....

As for the stain, is it a bleaching stain? as in it is a lighter shade, or does it just look dirty?

ScatPak07 04-12-2010 10:27 PM

It is a darker stain I believe. I guess you can say it looks dirty! Actually ya it does look dirty!

Almost looks like the smoke has stained it but it is the Febreeze. Im so pissed off!!

ScatPak07 04-12-2010 10:36 PM

You can see the rings of the spray as well

CdnoilRAM 04-13-2010 12:51 AM

have you tried sunlight and water mixture? The degreaser in the sunlight will pull any residue out and is safe on all fabrics. I'd be wary of the carpet cleaner since the headliner is glued to the foam headliner and don't know how it'd react with the glue. Don't want to see the liner sag, y'know.

hemiv8dodgeram1500 04-13-2010 01:39 AM

i say cut off the roof and make a convertible its almost summer ;) :LOL:

PimpJuice 04-13-2010 04:06 PM

Maybe spray the rest of the headliner with the febreeze and stain it all so it matches? I have some interior upholsty cleaner i got at walmart, its the scrubbing bubbles stuff. It says its safe on all interior surfaces even headliners but i havent tried it yet. If you want i can tell you exactly what i got if you would be willing to try it.

bones64 04-13-2010 08:52 PM

Sorry Scat cant help you there...other than put in a sunroof!!!!!!!!!!!!!:LOL:Hopefully its in the spot to be cut out.I smoke but i dont like the smell in confined areas......I hear you there. You can try shaving cream with a toothbrush(soft) and scrub gently. I have done that a few times and it worked. Let me know.

Roadrunner Ram 04-13-2010 09:33 PM

Wow.. Scat I never imagined you were a smoker, there is NOTHING you can do to remove nicotine stains, it's like tar, sticky and gooey.
My advice, stop smoking then buy a new headliner.

ScatPak07 04-13-2010 09:48 PM

Nah its not the smoking stains! Its the Febreez I used to get rid of the smokey smell, it isnt bad but I like a fresh smelling interior!

I'll try the sunlight with water mixture thanks Cdnoil!

Thanks to everyone else for helping out!!