DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 4.7 Liter V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   First mod bought! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=52021)

jayhkr 04-22-2010 10:06 PM

First mod bought!

Well besides the new rotors and brake pads, that was more a necessity than a want though. Just purchased the Volant CAI #168476 with the Power Core Intake. After some help from a forum member I bought this off of Ebay! One hell of a deal, just $236 with free shipping! :SHOCKED: I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that it is what it's advertised as, new in box, right kind, right filter, etc. There's a 30 day money back guarantee so I at least have that going for me! :smileup: I know there have been a few posts about different types of CAI so I thought when I get it in, I'll do a review (with pictures of course) of the install and performance after 1-2 tanks of gas through it. Later this month I might buy the Ram Air Scoop for it for that little added benefit! Time to scratch one off the list! P.S. not sure if he has anymore like this at that price but anyone can PM me and I'll give you the sellers info, he has a ebay store so you may be in luck! :wavey:

chithead 04-22-2010 10:32 PM

Any thoughts about your exhaust? I am still debating on what route to go in. Got a simple idea in mind, but I always try to overthink things.

jayhkr 04-22-2010 10:56 PM

Oh man, I have been loosing sleep over my exhaust. On one hand I want instant gratification and just going to go with the mangnaflo performance series and call it good. On the other hand I want to add the JBA Cat4ward headers and add that to custom piping to the magnaflo dual in/dual out muffler. That coupled with this CAI I'd say I'll be pretty good until Bully Dog "officially" releases that programer of yours! ;) I'm leaning towards the later, just have to buy it in pieces. Little here, little there, then save up for the install and viola! Mini Hemi! LOL

ScatPak07 04-22-2010 11:05 PM

Congrats on the first mod!! NOw you are screwed! You will be hooked to modding! After you pop your cherry it goes downhill from there haha

jayhkr 04-22-2010 11:28 PM

You should have seen the post I made before X-mas on what I wanted to add. The bug hit me last year about 12 hours after I bought the truck! I'm just now getting to that list as I'm just now able to afford them!

CdnoilRAM 04-22-2010 11:32 PM

:LOL: Welcome to modders anonymous... ok, not so anonymous any more. Congrads on the CAI, Volants are great intakes. What's stopping you from getting the exhaust kit, and adding JBA headers and Y-pipe later?

jayhkr 04-22-2010 11:38 PM

Nothing really, just that I can't purchase them on my good looks. It's on my list of things to get by years end. I wanted to get this mod done now before summer time hits. Wife likes to go out on vacation in June and July then there's always something that happens in August. Our anniversarry is in Sept, her birthday in Oct, then well it's X-mas time! LOL Short window for me to purchase big stuff!

volcom54626 04-23-2010 02:57 PM

Well excellent choice on your first mod purchase! You should be very pleased with it!

droshemiram 04-23-2010 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScatPak07 (Post 200883)
Congrats on the first mod!! NOw you are screwed! You will be hooked to modding! After you pop your cherry it goes downhill from there haha

Mods are so addicting :SHOCKED:

erm 04-23-2010 04:36 PM

hahahaha...well, modding is addictive. Even when you aren't modding, you are thinking about it.

You should see my list...LOL

Good luck with the Volant. I've used their stuff in the past and was very pleased with it.