DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (
-   Body & Interior (
-   -   aftermarket hood from non functional to functional (

PorkChop 04-23-2010 03:13 AM

aftermarket hood from non functional to functional
hey, i have the challanger hood on my truck and ive seen the "funcional inserts" which only put air into the engin compartment, but im looking for a true ram air, has anyone looked into this or tried it through a customs shop?

PorkChop 04-26-2010 01:09 AM

testing testing

wermbang 04-26-2010 01:20 AM

Is there places on the underside of your hood to "cut out" so you can attach some tubes to it?

PorkChop 04-26-2010 01:30 AM

yeah i can get them...ive brought it to a custom shop, but they do it by the hour and couldnt give me the slightest idea on cost...right now, i can buy inserts that push air into engin compartment like thechallenger SRT8 but ends up no where near the air intake

GTyankee 04-26-2010 01:49 AM

look at

PorkChop 04-26-2010 02:38 PM

thanks yankee...ive found the intake its getting the air to the intake im having troubles parts geek doesnt ship to canada yet

djcwardog 10-13-2010 06:23 PM

Shaker hood?
I saw a truck in this book I recently bought and read (see related post) that had a kit installed for a true shaker hood scoop. This is where the scoop is affixed to the top of the engine and it sticks up through a hole cout out in the hood... Retro and very cool! However, I am not sure he got a true ram-air effect as the air was routed over to the side and down to the stock intake system...

PorkChop 10-23-2010 12:43 AM

interesting. i saw that on the challengers but it was just a crappy stick on one. very dissaqpointed. havent seen anything like that on a ram.

ScatPak07 10-23-2010 12:51 AM

If you take a look at the aftermarket hoods that are functional and direct the air to the intake area they have only one outlet. The hood have chamber where all the air from the scoops collect and it all goes through to the hole that is near the intake. I dont know how to explain it but its like it has a second ducted layer of fiberglass (or steel) under the actual hood which brings the air to the intake.

Here look at this site they show you what I am talking about hahaha:

RamLover 10-29-2010 08:11 PM

I know this has been on my list since it came out.. :D

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
= Copyright a Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger