DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Washing & Waxing (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Window Cleaning? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=52135)

Ruffian11 04-24-2010 08:47 PM

Window Cleaning?

Soooo i have had many up sets when it comes to cleaning my windows and its kind of frustating!

I seem to have water drop marks on a few of my side windows! used Invisible glass, windex and rain-x to try and take them of with now luck :4-dontknow:

Besides that my front windshield is even worse there is definite lines of where the wipers sit, and the stroke and more of these watermarks on the upper portions where the wipers dont get! Even more annoying is what looks to be a haze in a few spots, only one annoys as it is pretty much in the center of the driver side view its like a smudge almost! i have tried everything to remove them rub really hard and couldnt get anything off!

I need some help with ideas?

I know its a 5 year old truck so some imperfections are there, im fine with the one chip and other very small chips, but i don't know what caused this, the truck i bought before was 11 years old and never had any of that type of marking on the windshield!

iRESQu 04-24-2010 09:01 PM

I had heard WD40. Maybe CLR? Don't use it without research....I am just throwing it out there because it claims to take away Calcium, Lime, Rust....but it might take away your glass too.....just taken stabs in the dark. I am not a pro...so don't listen to me :LOL: !!!!!

ScatPak07 04-24-2010 09:09 PM

I use Rain-X Window cleaner on my truck. It cleans and it also gives the benefits of the rain-x. I use a microfiber towel to wipe it down as well. I get the towels that are made for windows. I do not get any marks or streaks when I do mine

Ruffian11 04-24-2010 09:28 PM

Ya i use the rain-x in the small yellow bottle, works great never leaves streaks and rain beads off! but these marks were on the truck when i got it, not during the time i had it!

RMBLEBee2392 04-25-2010 07:11 PM

There is a few things you could try. Spot X hard water stain and spot remover, or Sonus glass and chrome polish. Bon ami is supposed to work. But only bon ami, others will scratch. I have also heard an apple cut in half will take off water spots. I have never tried it though.

Studbuster 04-25-2010 08:47 PM

I use BON AMI all the time on glass. YOU MUST USE A MOIST CLOTH, MAKE bon ami INTO AN ALL WET PASTE IN THE RAG. If you use it dry on the glass, it will SCRATCH!!!

Todays glass is not the same quality of days gone by. ( like everything else! )

wermbang 04-25-2010 08:54 PM

I have used goo gone on them before.

Ruffian11 04-26-2010 09:11 PM

Hmmm thanks for the input guys! i will try goo gone as it is the only product i have in the house that was mentioned! :smileup: thats if i get a sunny day any time soon!!!!

Toms Blue Ram 1500 04-26-2010 10:21 PM

An old reconditioners trick was to clean the windows with newspaper . The black print from the paper would help hid the imperfections .

tjcin 04-27-2010 04:47 AM

I had severe water spots on the sunrrof of my wife's car. I tried the newspaper trick but it didn't work. What did work though, was my buffer and some polish. I have a Porter Cable 7424 and I used the orange foam pad with some machine polish and the sunrrof came out like new. It took 3 or 4 passes, but it took all the spots away.