DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - Dodge Cummins Diesel (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   P-Pump? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=52980)

dirtsurferus 05-07-2010 04:34 PM

P-Pump?

I have heard a lot of stuff about this part...but what is it? is that the fuel pump? I am new to the cummins world and am getting ready to buy one. I am just doing some research trying to figure out what i should pay attention to as far as upgrading and whatnot. Any suggestions for relitivley cheap performance mods would be welcome too.

GTyankee 05-07-2010 05:17 PM

fuel pump types, some people in different diesel forums, have differing opinions, as to what is the best type
FUEL PUMPS CATALOGUE

BOSCH FUEL PUMPS

Common rail
VP-VR
VE
VA
PE-PES...P
PES...A
PES...M-MW

DELPHI FUEL PUMPS

Common Rail
EPIC
DPA
DPC
DPS
CONDIESEL

FIAT FUEL PUMPS

PE...B-BV
PE...P
PES...A

FITTINGS FUEL PUMPS

BOSCH
CONDIESEL
DELPHI

SIEMENS FUEL PUMPS

Common rail

ZEXEL DENSO FUEL PUMPS

ND-VE

chithead 05-07-2010 05:21 PM

Ooohhhhh....

I thought it was that Swedish made thing that makes the ladies go bow chika bow bow.

CdnoilRAM 05-07-2010 11:13 PM

Alright, when it comes to the 5.9L cummins, you have options between the 12V and 24V, depending on when yours was built in '98, as the 12V was in the '98, and the 24V was in the '98.5+ which is the common rail and benefits the most from a new fuel pump.

Both motors take an aftermarket fuel pump quite nicely. There are several manufactures: CP3, Snow Performance, and AirDog are the best ones out there and are used extensively on rigs that make 600+ HP and 1000ft-lbs. Couple a fuel pump with ported injectors and a good tune and you can be making some wicked power.

m88tow 05-09-2010 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CdnoilRAM (Post 211661)
Alright, when it comes to the 5.9L cummins, you have options between the 12V and 24V, depending on when yours was built in '98, as the 12V was in the '98, and the 24V was in the '98.5+ which is the common rail and benefits the most from a new fuel pump.

Both motors take an aftermarket fuel pump quite nicely. There are several manufactures: CP3, Snow Performance, and AirDog are the best ones out there and are used extensively on rigs that make 600+ HP and 1000ft-lbs. Couple a fuel pump with ported injectors and a good tune and you can be making some wicked power.

98.5 24 valves are not common rail, they switched to common rail in 2003.

CdnoilRAM 05-09-2010 01:45 PM

Why do I always do that? You're not the first person to tell me that either :doh: Thanks for catching that.