DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Kills and More Kills (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Charger RT (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=53504)

Great White 05-16-2010 01:03 AM

Charger RT

Anyone Race a Charger R/T?
My Bro in-law has a RT 5.7 and wants to race my Hemi Ram.
I have full exhaust with headers and K&N FIPK.
Bout to add the Diablo 93 Tune.
I still think he will take it on the top end in the 1/8 since my truck weighs a ton....:4-dontknow:
He know's he'll get spanked by my SRT Charger, but just wants to beat my truck....LOL!
So If I beat him in my Truck, He'll just have to be shamed...!
Anybody try yet??? :4-dontknow:

ScatPak07 05-16-2010 01:06 AM

I would think with your mods you may have him in the long run. Really the tru k is much heavier so off the line he will take ya. I guess it depends on how long you guys go haha.

Good luck to ya! Let us know how it plays out!

RamTech 05-16-2010 11:31 AM

Tell him you'll run his race against your truck but when it's over you'll hook up with a chain and have a tug-o-war.

erm 05-16-2010 12:46 PM

LOL @ Randy.

You will get him outta the hole but he'll catch up with you by mid track unless he goes up in smoke or is asleep at the light.

hydrex 05-18-2010 03:49 PM

A stock 5.7 LX car will kill you, I think. Better sneak a 100 shot under the hood. I'm sure a 2wd Ram will have a little better chance than my QC 4X4, but I spent 1 day at Englishtown spraying a 100 shot, racing mostly Magnum RT's and 300C's getting my ass beat. I ran 14.2's The new Eagle 5.7 hemis will give SRT's a good race, btw. Pretty hard to overcome the weight difference, a RT Charger is 4100 lbs and I weighed my Ram at Etown at 5985 lbs.

07HemiSport 05-19-2010 10:59 AM

i really want to know the outcome of this please post what happened ASAP

chefred112 05-27-2010 09:01 PM

has he any mods? they are basically top end cars..I killim up to the 1/8th and then the weight starts to matter..

Great White 07-14-2010 01:15 AM

Well we still haven't raced. And yes he is all stock except for the 89 octane Diablo tune. I bought the Diablo to run the 93 tune in my truck but it didn't work. Stated that it needed to be updated so i took it back to the shop where i bought it from and they tried a few things and didn't succeed so i got my $$ dinero back.:smiledown: Now its going to be personal cause my wife has a family fued going on with him and his wife and she doesn't want me speaking to him either and vice versa, his wife don't want him hangin with me. But since he lives close by I'm sure i will see him in tha streets when i get back in town and give it a go. Sad thing is every time i see him and I'm in my SRT Charger he nuts up and won't run me....LOL! I'll post when it all goes down....!!

Pull Ya 07-16-2010 05:27 PM

If you wait to see the green light come on, you waited to long IMO!!! Hole shots are hard to make up.
Jay