DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Newbie Checkin! (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Just paid for. (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=53787)

milrite007 05-20-2010 09:03 PM

Just paid for.

Hey everyone. I have just paid my truck off and ready to play with it. I will be asking for help on many things Im sure. No mods as of yet but Im assuming the first thing would be to get her to breath. Any suggestions? Cold air intake and headers first? Also what would be a good tuner for a 2004 5.7? Any help appreciated. I'll look around some more and maybe find some answers.

brad12kx 05-20-2010 09:26 PM

Welcome to the forum, :Hey:

Paid For!! :beerchug: Isn't that a great feeling ? :smileup:

This forum is full of great looking trucks, and packed with great mod ideas and there are loads of knowledgeable and experienced people here.

AND - We all like pix! Got any to share ?

Enjoy the Z!

ScatPak07 05-20-2010 09:33 PM

Hello and welcome to the forum! Glad to have you here! If you want to get a CAI there are lots of different ones available. They are all pretty much equal but some are a little betterthan others. The better companies are Volant and the BFI for the HEMI. I have a S&B intake and it is supposed to be the best box style intake out there (so they claim). If you want to get a tuner I would suggest getting the Diablosport tuner or the Superchips.

The Diablosport is for the serious modder that has some big plans in the future. The Superchips is for a few mods but nothing serious (CAI, Exhaust and Headers). If you want to go big with cams and forced induction the Diablosport is the tuner for you.

If you want to get some headers make sure they are long tube headers to get the maximum performance! The best headers would be the Dynatech headers. If you want good headers for a reasonable price check out Pacesetter.

Best of luck to you!! Let us know what you plan on doing!

erm 05-20-2010 09:54 PM

Welcome to the forum.

The essential, best bang for the buck mods for your truck would be:

Cold air intake
Catback exhaust
Programmer

SRTAndy 05-20-2010 09:59 PM

Welcome to the Z from Texas! Congrat's on paying off your truck! That's a great feeling! Now, it's time to do some moddin'! :smileup:

bones64 05-20-2010 10:25 PM

:wavey:Hello and welcome to thee zzzzzzzzzzzz...........Lots of ideas will be coming your way...For sure!

CdnoilRAM 05-20-2010 10:40 PM

Welcome to the Z from Calgary! Glad to have you on the board as a member; Tell us more about you and your truck; what kind of mods are you looking to do to the truck in the future? Performance/appearance/suspension? Lots of options, and hope we can answer any questions you might have. Also, don't forget to fill out your UserCP so can have a quick reference to your truck's details if you have any questions/comments in the future.

I'd recommend a CAI, exhaust, and a tuner. Superchips or a Diablosport Predator are the best tuners for the HEMI, I run a DSP myself and love it. Have a look through our 5.7L HEMI sub-section for more mod ideas, lots out there :smileup:

BlueJet 05-20-2010 10:46 PM

Hello and welcome! :wavey:

Glad you joined us! Enjoy the board and we look forward to seeing you out here!

Toms Blue Ram 1500 05-20-2010 11:18 PM

Glad you joined us and welcome to the Z for Rams from Baltimore . Do you have any pictures of your truck ? Any of your friends have Rams ? Tell them about us . We would love to have them . You will find this site is full of a lot of talented people . So if theres any question that you need answered , just shoot away . Talk to ya soon . Tom

City Slicker 05-20-2010 11:20 PM

Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you here!