DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Interior Cleaning and Maintenance! (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   Leather seat/Warranty Question (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=54184)

TRIPOD 05-26-2010 09:50 PM

Leather seat/Warranty Question

I noticed my leather front drivers seat is starting to show wear. The best way I can describe it is to compare it to a leather belt. You know how an older leather belt will crack on the inside? Thats what the seat is starting to show in one spot. I use leather cleaner on the seats, the other seats looks great, its just starting to show a wear spot. Does anyone know if warranty will cover a leather seat? The truck is an 08 with 32k.

iRESQu 05-26-2010 09:53 PM

My dealership is really good to me. Usually they will do things that might be questionable. I don't honestly know, but I don't suppose it would hurt to call and ask or stop in. Again, I don't know for sure. Best of luck, Tripod!

TRIPOD 05-26-2010 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ICOVERU (Post 225423)
My dealership is really good to me. Usually they will do things that might be questionable. I don't honestly know, but I don't suppose it would hurt to call and ask or stop in. Again, I don't know for sure. Best of luck, Tripod!

Thank you!

brad12kx 05-26-2010 10:35 PM

Definitely a question for the dealer. Seems odd to have that issue with only 32K....but this coming from someone that has not had leather seats until a week ago, so..... :4-dontknow:

TRIPOD 05-26-2010 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brad12kx (Post 225503)
Definitely a question for the dealer. Seems odd to have that issue with only 32K....but this coming from someone that has not had leather seats until a week ago, so..... :4-dontknow:

I've only had leather for a few months (when I purchased the truck). I thought... dog hair, kid puke, spilled drinks, etc...., I need leather, it's prolly tuffer.

brad12kx 05-26-2010 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRIPOD (Post 225514)
I've only had leather for a few months (when I purchased the truck). I thought... dog hair, kid puke, spilled drinks, etc...., I need leather, it's prolly tuffer.

In my case it was my wife saying "GET HEATED SEATS!!!"
I said "I hate leather seats, and that's the only way to get them heated."
she said "GET HEATED SEATS!!!"
I said "But I don't like them especially in the summer. The leather is all hot and sticky and slippery"

So, got the heated leather seats, cooled leather seats, dual zone heating, heated steering.
she said "Why'd you get all that other stuff?"
I said " It's got HEATED SEATS!!....and stuff for me too!

Now that I've had them for a week....I kinda like them....but I'm going to tell her.....yet! :Wow1:

TRIPOD 05-26-2010 11:27 PM

Hahaha, thats funny^^^

Can a mod please move me to the right section. I saw interior and pulled the trigger, my mistake, sorry I get a little excited sometimes.

hemiv8dodgeram1500 05-26-2010 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brad12kx (Post 225543)
In my case it was my wife saying "GET HEATED SEATS!!!"
I said "I hate leather seats, and that's the only way to get them heated."
I said "But I don't like them especially in the summer. The leather is all hot and sticky and slippery"

So, got the heated leather seats, cooled leather seats, dual zone heating, heated steering.
she said "Why'd you get all that other stuff?"
I said " It's got HEATED SEATS!!....and stuff for me too!

Now that I've had them for a week....I kinda like them....but I'm going to tell her.....yet! :Wow1:

:LOL: :smileup:

TRIPOD 08-10-2010 10:14 PM

Update.....

The dealership is replacing the cracked driver seat.

erm 08-10-2010 11:02 PM

Excellent. Glad they covered the problem.

Don't forget that not only do you clean leather, you must also condition it. Normally, the clean and condition kit comes with two bottles. I do the leather in my SRT8 twice a year.

3 years and a few months later it's still looking good.