DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2009 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Wheel well removal? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=54344)

RamTex 05-29-2010 12:30 AM

Wheel well removal?

anyone got a how too on how to take the wheel wells off?

brad12kx 05-29-2010 12:32 AM

Winch ??? :LOL:

RamTex 05-29-2010 12:35 AM

I need the front ones off so i can put my headers in.

brad12kx 05-29-2010 12:40 AM

Not sure how they com off, but I notice when I installed the wiring for my tailgate lock, how non-substantial they are....and how un-well supported they are. Kinda surprised me, but if they don't flap in the wind, don't break young, and do the intended job; then I don't have anything to complain about...just comment about.

If you figure out how they come off, post a technical thread with pix. There's got to be a few that would like to know.

iRESQu 05-29-2010 08:23 AM

Are you referring to the plastic inner fenders? I believe it's just a few screws all the way around the well. I had to remove them to do my fender flares and then add different screws.

erm 05-29-2010 11:42 AM

Screws or plastic rivets on the outside edge, some that screw through to the frame on the interior and the probably also tie in at the front and back lower edge to the sheetmetal.

I've found that having some of the replacement plastic rivets is a big help as you may end up having to drill some of the stock ones out to get them loose.

Toms Blue Ram 1500 05-29-2010 12:35 PM

Plastic pop rivots . You can purchase them on the aftermarket . But remember you do need the special tool to reinstall the rivots .

GTyankee 05-29-2010 08:10 PM

plastic pop rivets are usually in stock at your local NAPA auto parts store, i picked up 2 different types to replace the ones that i broke off while taking the cardboard piece that covers the radiator, air condition condenser , headlights, etc

NAPA had a large selection of different plastic pop rivets

MightyBlueRam 05-30-2010 02:02 AM

I had to remove mine when I did my CAI. It was a pain in the butt to remove those plastic rivet things. If you have fender flares, then you might have to remove all the fender flare screws. Then remove any of those plastic rivets. Watch out for any ABS cables that might be attached to the plastic.

eltoro2 04-26-2011 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MightyBlueRam (Post 227849)
I had to remove mine when I did my CAI. It was a pain in the butt to remove those plastic rivet things. If you have fender flares, then you might have to remove all the fender flare screws. Then remove any of those plastic rivets. Watch out for any ABS cables that might be attached to the plastic.

:4-dontknow: can you change the headlight bulbs if you rmove the front flairs .