DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Body & Interior (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   Water Leak (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=54499)

09 CrewCab 05-31-2010 11:59 PM

Water Leak

I have looked under the TSBs and did not see anything on this...

It has rained for a few days here in Montana and I notciced a large puddle of water in the small cubby area under the rear passenger seat. The water was running down from above the seat belt area. Top rear passenger corner of the cab. Went to dealer on Friday and have a appointment for Tuesday morning. would it be too much to ask for the replacement of the carpeting in that area since it already has a smell to it. Anyone else have this problem? I thought it may be coming form the SAT antenna.

PorkChop 06-01-2010 12:07 AM

in my opinion jumping to replacement may be a bit much. get a full detail and if the funk small remains, then start replacement talks with them

kutect 06-01-2010 02:15 AM

I had that problem, last month, it's coming from the back break light area. The dealer told me the seal in between the lights and the body parts was SPLIT in half, so they replace the seal and tested it. It's fine now, although i haven't had a rain storm since the fix, it's under warranty, so no worries. You might have to leave the truck there for one night, if it's the same issue i have, if not it they might need a few days to replace the whole back window. Hope that helps!!

vided 06-01-2010 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kutect (Post 229208)
I had that problem, last month, it's coming from the back break light area. The dealer told me the seal in between the lights and the body parts was SPLIT in half, so they replace the seal and tested it. It's fine now, although i haven't had a rain storm since the fix, it's under warranty, so no worries. You might have to leave the truck there for one night, if it's the same issue i have, if not it they might need a few days to replace the whole back window. Hope that helps!!

i had the exact puddle under that pesky passenger seat.
dealer said it was the third brake lite seal.
so far so good.:box:

Subydude09 06-01-2010 09:48 AM

Wow, I've heard alot of 09's have leakgae problems. Lots of ppl are havin issues around the front passenger pillar. Now around the rear lights... You guys are making me worry... :str:

MightyBlueRam 06-01-2010 11:37 AM

There was a TSB on my truck dealing with resealing the 3rd brake light. I never noticed a leak with my truck but they resealed it anyways. Every car and truck has a problem here or there. Don't start getting discouraged.

09 CrewCab 06-03-2010 11:36 PM

Got my truck back

Well got my truck back the next day. They put in a seal around third brake light and did a RRT on the front passenger side tire, some kind of seal replaced.

My question is if the third brake light seal is a permanent? I like to change my bulbs out. I try different styles (LED, Blue xenon) until I find one i like. I do not want to keep returning to the dealer to get a new seal around the brake light. Those bulbs do burn out. If that was the fix, I dont think that was the right way to go.

Rogue 06-08-2010 06:02 PM

I just took my truck to the dealer for a oli/filter/lube/rotate and they said that issue was a rapid response item. There were a few of them that they took care of, a axle seal and a sticker under the hood I believe.

MightyBlueRam 06-08-2010 10:58 PM

From what I remember when they resealed my third brake light, the receipt said something about silicone. That to me doesn't sound like anything permanent since any bulbs will eventually burn out like you said.

RamTech 06-08-2010 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MightyBlueRam (Post 234609)
From what I remember when they resealed my third brake light, the receipt said something about silicone. That to me doesn't sound like anything permanent since any bulbs will eventually burn out like you said.

Correct. It will have to be resealed each time it's taken out.