DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Newbie Checkin! (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   2006 Ram 1500 Front Steering Arm Problem (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=54552)

NitroMagnum 06-01-2010 10:24 PM

2006 Ram 1500 Front Steering Arm Problem

Hey all, new member here looking for help. I am trying to shim the front end of the truck to level it and I'm running into a problem getting the bolt out of the lower shock mount. The front lower shock mount runs through the steering arm and a big rubber bushing which is Mechenaclly Frozen it seems. I can't remove the bolt no matter what I do. Heat it, lube it, pound on it, nothing will work so I figured order the bushing, bolt, nut and washer, cut it and move on. Well you can get every bushing on the front end but that one. Chrysler said I have to replace the entire steering arm to get that bushing. Running about $500 I'd like to see if anyone knows of an aftermarket place I can find one? I really appreciate any advice or help with this.

MightyBlueRam 06-02-2010 12:45 AM

Welcome to the forum! You're going to find a lot of great info on the site about your truck. You can also use the search button on top of the site to find something specific. If you have pics of your truck, go ahead and post some. Everyone likes to see pics!

brad12kx 06-02-2010 02:16 AM

Welcome you to the forum, :Hey:

I wish I could help you out, but that is not something I'm knowledgeable on, so I'll leave it for someone that is.
Might I recommend that you start a thread in the Help zone - 3rd Gen - Suspension; with your question. It will get a lot bigger profile there then here, and you will likely get answers quicker. Good Luck with getting the leveling done.

This forum is full of great looking trucks, and packed with great mod ideas and there are loads of knowledgeable and experienced people here.

AND - We all like pix! Got any to share ?

Enjoy the Z!

City Slicker 06-02-2010 01:58 PM

Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you here!

CajunDodge 06-02-2010 02:06 PM

Hello and welcome to RamForumZ, great to have you here. Sorry to hear about your problem. We have plenty of helpful people here, so someone more knowledgeable than myself should be along shortly who can weigh in on this! Any pics of your truck? Have you done any modding to it? Lots of great people and info here so good luck and I hope you enjoy the board! :Hey:

- Cajun

RamTech 06-02-2010 02:14 PM

You might try drilling out the original bolt. It won't be terribly easy but a good drill and some cobalt bits should be able to handle the job.

Toms Blue Ram 1500 06-02-2010 07:27 PM

Glad you joined us and welcome to the Z for Rams from Baltimore . Do you have any pictures of your truck ? Have you done any mods or have plans for any ? Any of your friends have Rams ? Tell them about us . We would love to have them . You will find this site is full of a lot of talented people . So if theres any question that you need answered , just shoot away . Talk to ya soon . Tom

300 Addict 06-02-2010 09:42 PM

Welcome to RamForumZ, from Barrie, Ontario, Canada! Glad to have you join our family here! Enjoy the site!

erm 06-02-2010 09:55 PM

Google up Moog for some parts and good luck with the repair!

wermbang 06-03-2010 12:33 AM

Hello and welcome to the site!