how to install spark plugs and remove them
i will edit this thread tomorrow with what parts you will use please be patient. this is for the 5.7 hemi mds
Parts you need to start removal first i not done with all the parts
1. a 10mm socket a deep one and a short one
2. spark plugs :doh: 16 of them.
3. anti seize for the spark plugs
4. electric degrease (i need to get exact name)
5. a long extension
6. glove ma by if you want them
7. a swivel socket.
8. either 2 or three ratchets (will show you in picture)
9. i used a magnetic telescope to get spark plugs out (optional)
10 a bigger to smaller socket (will show you what i mean)
11. If you have it a air ratchet(to take the guard off by the tires)
12. there is about 8 bolts that go on the gaurd if i remember correctly (will check tomorrow) (picture will show you how many where they go to take them off)
13. a socket 8 mm to take the bolts from the guard off
14. a spark plug gaping tool (will show in picture)
15. a socket for the spark plugs
16. a Allen wrench (forgot what size)
17 . a sidekick i had my dad:old: my dog and beer for him soda for me :LOL:
Will add more stuff need to look tomorrow
1st. get you spark plugs you need 16. i got NGK 5306
2nd locate you coil pack where you spark plugs are locate (picture will show you in case you don't know)
3. on each coil there are two screw. remove both screw and place in a bag (easy to find after) you will remove the 2 screws with a socket 10 mm.
4. After you take them off the boot might be a little hard to take off use some pressure
5. once you take one of do one at a time you mess them packs up your going to be :SHOCKED:.
6. once you get your spark plug gap them at 0.45 like says under the hood of your truck.(picture will be included tomorrow showing you how)
7. once you gap them then you get the bottle of anti seize(picture show you what one i use) then put just enough to cover where it goes into the head.
8. After that you then get the dielectric (picture shown) and put some where the top is.
9. after that you then put a bit in the boot (show you what i mean by boot in a picture) then tighten the plug
10. When you tighten the plug snug tight one its tights just a little more(NOT A LOT Don't STRESS IT)
11. put the coil pack back on then once that on put both screws on the top right and the bottom left that how you do one the first driver side and passage. (this is going to work until the third one)
12. at this time jack your truck up use jack stand so just in case
13. At the third on we will talk about the driver side now. you want to take the guard off with all the screws i used a air ratchet its faster to take all 8 or 7 screws out then one the driver side there a clip that hold that guard in place twist left and right and pull it will come off.
14. I think you need to take that guard off (show you in picture what the guard looks like and where screws go back in)
15. you might i used a swivel socket and put some tape on it so it did not move around(show you in picture what i mean)
16. ok so the third one is done
17. The fourth one i thought be a Biach but it wasn't the top right screw will make you go nuts. after you take that out you will need some strength to take that last coil pack off.
18. passenger side time.
19. ok well its easy you need to take off your intake (i had the stock on on) it very easy how to remove i post picture idk why if you cant remove that then oo god.
20. once that is remove then you will see these two hoses that i just tugged and the plastic piece came off so you can move it to get to the coil pack.
21 once the intake off then that hoses is moved do the same lie you did before
22. jack this side up use jack stands, remove the tire place jack stand and jack under truck. Remove all 8 bolts (need check how many) and the two Allen screws then pop that guard off and that about it.
I recheck this tomorrow to add the stuff and pictures i am missing
pics be up in about a hour even tho no comments lol
man nice write up, I am so thankful I only have 8 spark plugs. I'm sure a lot of people will be grateful you wrote all of this!
Just bin a watch'n and await'n.
About an hour.....Timer is set! :SHOCKED:
about 56mins to go... :LOL:
this is the most important question what type of beer? :LOL:
:redxsign: Well, well, well.....It's been a hour & a hraf!!!
Sorry...but it's gotta be said...
yeah, my dad wants to change the plugs in his truck. But, he has heard that the very back driver's side plugs are a pain to get to and that they take an hour themselves.
Not sure how true that is.
But, yep...glad I only have 8 plugs. :p
And, I heard that the hemis actually need 2 plugs per cylinder just so they would idle. Not sure the validity of that either, though.
I can do all 16 in about an hour depending on how the truck is configured.
Yeah , I've gotta take out a second mortgage on my house to put a set of plugs in the SRT car .
:c055: Pictures Pictures. :redx: Where are they :4-dontknow: I'm very curious on how this job gets done. :att: :smileup: Good writeup BTW, just needs pics to complete it.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:47 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger