DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2010 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Summary of 2010 experiences? Winter dash? Getting ready to buy (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=55004)

agunslinger 06-09-2010 01:23 PM

Summary of 2010 experiences? Winter dash? Getting ready to buy

All cars and trucks hve their issues. Getting ready to buy a 2010 Bog Horn 4x4 Quad Cab. Are there any KNOWN issues I should be aware of or blatant annoyances? :4-dontknow:

My last RAM (and my newer Tundra) had what I called "Winter Dash". In cold weather the cheapo plastic and connections in dash combined with I guess the cold constriction made for a squeaky loud dash. Not so sensitive to external engine noises (maybe I should be ;^) but interior squeak and rattles driv eme nuts. For that much money, there should be no noises from crap plastics.

Love the way it drives - test drive felt great.

All thoughts and opinions welcome.

City Slicker 06-09-2010 01:26 PM

See if either of these threads help:

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=50957

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=52446

Seems to be a lot of info in there, hope it helps!! :smileup:

MightyBlueRam 06-09-2010 01:29 PM

So far I can say that I have absolutely no rattles or creaking from any of the interior parts. One thing that bothers me when it's really sunny outside is the reflection off of the chrome trim around the center console by the shifter. If you look through the threads in the 2010 section you can find other things people have run into but most are minor details that have been addressed by TSBs. Some of those are not on every truck either because it depends on the build date of your truck.

agunslinger 06-09-2010 01:43 PM

Thanks gentlemen. I saw gas tank thud issue. At least its not mechanical.

As for the TSBs to date, is there a compiled list of them so on final test drive I can look for any of those conditions?

dafoot 06-10-2010 10:24 PM

I came from Tundra to Ram 1500. I really like the Ram. The gas tank thud can be annoying. Other than that. It's a great truck. In my opinion, much better built.

hpc3 06-11-2010 10:58 AM

Don't know about winter dash but you'll have

Quote:

Originally Posted by agunslinger (Post 234852)
All cars and trucks hve their issues. Getting ready to buy a 2010 Bog Horn 4x4 Quad Cab. Are there any KNOWN issues I should be aware of or blatant annoyances? :4-dontknow:

My last RAM (and my newer Tundra) had what I called "Winter Dash". In cold weather the cheapo plastic and connections in dash combined with I guess the cold constriction made for a squeaky loud dash. Not so sensitive to external engine noises (maybe I should be ;^) but interior squeak and rattles driv eme nuts. For that much money, there should be no noises from crap plastics.

Love the way it drives - test drive felt great.

All thoughts and opinions welcome.

a few squeaks in the center console for a couple hundred miles or so if you get the console in yours, they do go away I've found.

Only complaints I have are the bubbling and trash I've found in the clearcoat paint(which isn't severe) and the gastank thud. I got the 32gal tank so I'd have more range if I travelled but I'd swap to the 26gal given the chance today. Its not a showstopper but annoying somewhat.

No other complaints in 3 weeks and ~700mi so far. Its a great truck.

agunslinger 06-11-2010 11:22 AM

Thanks for all the input!

CanadianInfernoRed 06-11-2010 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MightyBlueRam (Post 234857)
So far I can say that I have absolutely no rattles or creaking from any of the interior parts. One thing that bothers me when it's really sunny outside is the reflection off of the chrome trim around the center console by the shifter. If you look through the threads in the 2010 section you can find other things people have run into but most are minor details that have been addressed by TSBs. Some of those are not on every truck either because it depends on the build date of your truck.

The chrome thing drives my wife nuts!

GTyankee 06-11-2010 12:12 PM

I wouldn't want a monday built vehicle, too many workers with hangovers
friday afternoon vehicles can be bad too, thinking more about fishing & how much beer to buy

its a good thing that machines do the work for the most part, or we would always be at the dealerships like the seat thing, a machine sets the seat in place, but, humans bolt it down & they had a TSB for the seat bolts, whether it was for design or loose bolts, we may never know

jimbodean 06-11-2010 03:07 PM

The only issue I have with my interior is a squeak that comes from the above mentioned chrome ring that surrounds the cupholder.

MightyBlueRam: If you gently push on the chrome ring, does it squeak then? I can replicate the sound it makes on turns/bumps just by applying light pressure to the ring in various locations.