DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Edge Evolution (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=55219)

UltraFlame 06-13-2010 08:03 AM

Edge Evolution

I just bought the Edge Evolution for my 07. Sounds comparable to other tuners but may be the best for my application since I will be towing with the truck on occasion and it is easy to change between the 4 levels. Should have it in a couple days.

CajunDodge 06-13-2010 09:23 AM

Cool man, be sure to post your results when you get it! :smileup:

- Cajun

Toms Blue Ram 1500 06-13-2010 11:37 AM

Can you change it on the fly ?

HoustonHemi 06-13-2010 11:46 AM

Just updated and installed my SC Cortex yesterday AM.

Went with the Mileage XS programming. Won't know anything 'concrete' till 'weeks' have gone by.

erm 06-13-2010 12:19 PM

Let us know what you think of the program!

icanoutfishu13 06-14-2010 01:04 AM

Cool, i have one and i love it. Now i have not tried any of the others like diablo, superchips, etc....but the edge has worked out well for me. And i love the fact that it sits on the dash and you can monitor other things with it such as, trans temp, mds, air intake temp, spark knock, oil temp, and many more. Also you can record 0-60 times and 1/4 mile times as well.

UltraFlame 06-14-2010 05:47 AM

I am looking forward to it. What sucks is it will be here Tuesday and I don't get back from Atlanta until late Thursday.

HoustonHemi 06-14-2010 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltraFlame (Post 237158)
I just bought the Edge Evolution for my 07. Sounds comparable to other tuners but may be the best for my application since I will be towing with the truck on occasion and it is easy to change between the 4 levels. Should have it in a couple days.

ULTRA,,, what is your main goal with the Edge? You mention towing,,,

I'll admit I'm not overly familiar with tuners, and know 'just the basics' on the Pred and the SC. Looks like the Edge can be used on the dash for readouts,

Just curious,,, did you like the extra features, or, what drew you to purchase the Edge?

moparmike07 06-15-2010 01:28 AM

its ok i have a friend with it i rahter look around went with diablo but that just me bc i got cam

Bad07hemi 06-15-2010 11:39 AM

Hate to break it to you Edge Owners. I heard a rumor that in the next year or two Edge will be going out of business. This is just a rumor, but i think it will happen. I had a Edge Evolution originally for my 07 as well, and yes it was nice., but it didn't seem to work all that well for me. Grant it that it was real easy to use, but i really didn't notice a hugh gain as they claim. My Diablosport Trinity is one of the best that i've used on my truck so far. JMO, thanks Andrew. H