DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Electrical (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=199)
-   -   New 2010 Dodge Ram. Headlights suc$! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=55277)

bikewv 06-13-2010 10:20 PM

New 2010 Dodge Ram. Headlights suc$!

Well just bought my 2010 Dodge BigHorn with everything, chromed out and in Cool Vanilla color. Love everything about my truck except for two items one being the headlights.

Driving home last night the headlights are just awful. Truck is clean and it was not raining. I had a Tundra before this Dodge and the headlights were super bright. Every car that passed flashed their headlights at me and my beams were on Low. I would then turn night into day and flash my highbeams.

OK so I am not happy with the light output. Has anybody done a headlight bulb upgrade that made a noticible difference in lighting the roadway? Dont really care about the color of light I just want bright lights that light-up the highway.

Does anyone have the Bulb wattage and size for the stock OEM Low and High Beams?

Thanks for your suggestions.

City Slicker 06-13-2010 10:31 PM

Sounds like HIDs are what you're looking for. Search through some old threads and see what appeals to you. Our supporting vendors can hook you up with a set :smileup:

http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53

JRI 06-13-2010 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikewv (Post 237666)
...Every car that passed flashed their headlights at me and my beams were on Low. I would then turn night into day and flash my highbeams...

I don't think every car flashing their lights at you is a good sign. :SHOCKED: Don't you think they might be trying to tell you something? :thk:

CajunDodge 06-13-2010 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRI (Post 237732)
I don't think every car flashing their lights at you is a good sign. :SHOCKED: Don't you think they might be trying to tell you something? :thk:

I know what he's saying. People still flash me sometimes and I'm on low beam in my truck as well. I think sometimes it's due to the fact that I sit higher than just regular cars so maybe it just looks brighter to them.

- Cajun

rdsabin 06-14-2010 12:57 PM

Or maybe that your headlights need adjusting. Just a thought.

Hoser111 06-14-2010 10:59 PM

Yep..Just got my Ram two weeks ago and I absolutely hate the headlights. I'm used to HID lamps so these really blow. I'm on the hunt for something better. Not sure the Silverstar H13/ST will cut it.

I've looked at a few HID conversion kits...but have only found one H13 bi-level from Xtreme. If you don't get a bi-level kit, then you have HID but no hi-beams. That's half my problem(maybe) since I'm from Canada and we need Daytime Running Lights by law and the HID's won't support DRL. Maybe I'll disable the DRL and use fogs for that. Dunno yet.

Also, I've heard mention that the stock headlamps scatter the HID light too much and that you should use "projector" style headlamps. I haven't found any such retrofits for the 2009/10 yet.

Fury 06-15-2010 04:50 AM

It took me a while to get used to the lights not being that bright. My last 3 cars had xenon lights. Man I miss the brightness but not the problems I had with them.

hartick 06-15-2010 09:08 AM

Silverstars do help and I notice a big difference from the stock set. But I am waiting for the flickering and occasional shut off issues to be worked out before getting into the HID's.

djinn4 06-15-2010 02:01 PM

thats probably the one thing i miss about my silverado. the lights were so much better. even the fog lights were better on the silverado. they almost feel lije they are just for show on the 2010 ram.

bikewv 06-16-2010 09:00 AM

I am not sure why this thread was moved since it is a general discussion about 2010 Rams?

I have been reading and searching all I can to see if anyone has made a change in their bulbs for better lighting and not just for color. I would also like to find a way to have much better driving lights instead of fog lights.

If anyone has the exact headlight bulb number please post. Also if someone has made a switch to a brighter bulb with no problems please let us know. Thanks.