DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Torque Management!!!!!! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=55731)

doz 06-20-2010 09:43 PM

Torque Management!!!!!!

So someone mentioned that SuperChips would be releasing TM settings for their programmers.

Well, I finally joined another forum, to see what it had to offer. I was suprised to find out that SC release their trans tuning software w/ their programers about 2 weeks ago! It is an additional $40, but its out there guys.

TM can finally be removed from our trucks! YAY!

HoustonHemi 06-20-2010 10:31 PM

The SC without the trans option removes "some" of the TM. The 'full blown' $40 tranny management option lets you remove,,, don't quote me,,, all but 6%.

(Those of you with the SC tranny option please confirm.)

erm 06-20-2010 10:50 PM

I'm just glad I don't have to fiddle with the torque management stuff!

HoustonHemi 06-20-2010 11:40 PM

I don't plan on messing with mine.

I did experiment with full throttle acceleration on wet pavement before the Cortex..

Oh yeah, there is definately SOMETHING holding the Hemi back,,,,

At 30 mph, my little 5.3 Silverado would bust loose both the rear tires almost instantly on wet pavement if ya punched it. (3.73 locking diff)

From a dead stop???? Well, DUH!!!

The OEM TM on the Hemi won't allow such things,,,

Before the Cortex, I got out in a parking lot in the rain (actually behind the stores and not in the parking lot)and planted the skinny pedal for about 10 seconds,,,

The truck would accelerate, slip just a little back and forth in the tail, but it would never really bust 'em loose. (3.92 limited slip) Without the TM, I'm sure it would be all over the place,,,,

I have not tried the same 'test' with the Cortex. I'm not looking to boil down a set of tires on a regular basis, either!

I do not know, exactly, why controlling the TM is a 'desirable' thing from a performance standpoint. I can only guess that if the TM is set to 'maximum control/safety' (OEM) that there might be a chance it could pull back the throttle under certain heavy acceleration conditions.

A 'little' tirespin when racing is not a bad thing. Also not a bad thing if you are muddin,,,

I don't do much of either, so I'll probably be OK!!! :LOL:

brad12kx 06-21-2010 12:16 AM

I in a way....kinda like the TM.

YAH......I can hear the Boooos! Settle down...

Today, I got into it with a all out wild Chevy diesel...that under other circumstances, would have seen nothing other than his tailgate. But today, the road was wet.....I left ESP on and just left it in drive....after all, I already knew I was toast! Heehee....I NO SPIN.....Chevy all over the road....looking at MY tailgate! :woohoo: He's got the HP!....I've got his $50. (BTW....I didn't bet him...I'm not stupid! He make the claim that if the 'HEMI' could even stay within 100' of him in the 1/4, it was worth $50)

I will likely invest into something that can remove TM (Just more fun with all the ponies, all the time)....but I will prefer if I can choose form time to time whether it's on or off!

HoustonHemi 06-21-2010 09:00 AM

HIGH FIVE BRAD!!!!!!!

That HAS to feel good!

Doesn't matter what you have if ya can't hook it up!!!!

I still don't understand all aspects of TM, and being able to alter it is probably not th sole reason for the 'tranny option' on the SC.

The tranny option (also) allows you to pick specific shift points, both up and down.

moparmike07 06-21-2010 02:34 PM

wait u can spin tires in the rain? only after you got a chip?

HoustonHemi 06-21-2010 03:36 PM

Ya know, Randy should've done just what I did, add a name to his ignore list!

It works like a charm!

04RAMsprt 06-23-2010 02:58 PM

Ok this may be a stupid question but what exactly is Torque management? Does every hemi have it or is it just certain years?

GTyankee 06-23-2010 03:13 PM

i read this about that

The Chrysler torque management cuts power via timing from dead stop take off and during shifting.
This is done to smooth power output and to relieve stress on the drive line.