DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 4.7 Liter V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   smog legal mods (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=56091)

tinniste 079 06-25-2010 08:57 PM

smog legal mods
 
i know i can do a intake chip throttle body spacer and exhaust... but what else can i do and still pass smog in CA? i think i heard something about smog legal cam upgrades is this true??

tinniste 079 06-26-2010 01:04 AM

no one has a answer????

CamoBoy34 06-30-2010 12:03 AM

i do haha live in kansas they have no emissions inspections

CdnoilRAM 06-30-2010 01:05 AM

In order to install CARB legal mods, you have to have parts with an executive order (EO) number. There's not much out there unfortunately, you can do shorty headers. Best advice I can give you... leave cali :LOL:

tinniste 079 06-30-2010 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CdnoilRAM (Post 249753)
In order to install CARB legal mods, you have to have parts with an executive order (EO) number. There's not much out there unfortunately, you can do shorty headers. Best advice I can give you... leave cali :LOL:

haha yea cali blows but i might end up doing that an registering everything in AZ at my uncles haha then no smog!!:4-looney:

CdnoilRAM 06-30-2010 11:18 AM

unfortunately, as I found out the hard way, you can be registered out of state, but you can still be fined for removing emissions equipment even if you're just driving through a state that is as strict as Cali. I was pissed when I got THAT fine as I shouldn't be under their juristiction... but alas I was wrong. Hell, I wasn't from the same COUNTRY!

tinniste 079 07-06-2010 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CdnoilRAM (Post 249935)
unfortunately, as I found out the hard way, you can be registered out of state, but you can still be fined for removing emissions equipment even if you're just driving through a state that is as strict as Cali. I was pissed when I got THAT fine as I shouldn't be under their juristiction... but alas I was wrong. Hell, I wasn't from the same COUNTRY!

WHATTTTTT! that blows i think i remember my uncle driving out from AZ an ended up getting a tint ticket

gtfloyd 07-11-2010 02:57 PM

That is jacked up, Cali will not let truckers in if they are pulling certain trailers because they arent fuel efficient (to their standards). Soon it will be prius and smart car country! I hope they leave the union. Anyway, does a TBS do ANYTHING for a fuel injected vehicle? I cant see any benefit unless you were running a carb..

tinniste 079 07-11-2010 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtfloyd (Post 258021)
That is jacked up, Cali will not let truckers in if they are pulling certain trailers because they arent fuel efficient (to their standards). Soon it will be prius and smart car country! I hope they leave the union. Anyway, does a TBS do ANYTHING for a fuel injected vehicle? I cant see any benefit unless you were running a carb..

haha yea cali is ****ed! and yea i guess they dont do much but its still sumthing an still smog legal i guess


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors
= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger