DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Body & Interior (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   This is might be worse (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=56137)

09bighorn 06-26-2010 05:34 PM

This is might be worse

So I live here outside of Philadelphia, and I got hit pretty hard by the hail storm. There are hundreds of dent all over my truck. Now hopefully insurance will cover this. Any thoughts as to what I should do? What is the possibility that the truck is totalled? The one highlight of this is that if the truck isn't totalled, it will need a new hood, which at that time I am going to go with a ram air setup. Any suggestions?

brad12kx 06-26-2010 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 09bighorn (Post 247163)
....... Any thoughts as to what I should do? ........ Any suggestions?

Post Pix? :smileup:

CHVYKLR 06-26-2010 06:10 PM

Because you have a really new truck I doubt it is totaled. I think the repairs have to exceed 80% of the truck's value to consider it totaled IIRC.

I would call your insurance rep and have them come look at it. Take their money and get it fixed/buy replacement panels as you choose like the different hood.

As suggested above take all your own pics just in case.

09bighorn 06-27-2010 09:17 AM

I was going to post the pics but you can't see the dents on them. Maybe I'll post them later today anyway. The major concern I have is that I don't want the truck to be covered in bondo. As a side note, does anyone know if they make a SRT style hood for the '09 1500's?

Barnyard 06-27-2010 09:31 AM

Mine was caught in a hail storm while on the lot. Paint-less dent repair took care of every bit of evidence. You can't tell there was ever a problem (believe me, I've tried to find it and failed). Ask your dealer or a good body shop what they'd recommend for a good paint-less dent repair guy (they tend to freelance here in TX). You probably won't 'need' a new hood. You'll have to work that out with the insurance co.

RamTech 06-27-2010 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barnyard (Post 247655)
Mine was caught in a hail storm while on the lot. Paint-less dent repair took care of every bit of evidence. You can't tell there was ever a problem (believe me, I've tried to find it and failed). Ask your dealer or a good body shop what they'd recommend for a good paint-less dent repair guy (they tend to freelance here in TX). You probably won't 'need' a new hood. You'll have to work that out with the insurance co.

Agreed. A good company like Dent Wizard can make the truck look brand new again.

erm 06-27-2010 11:58 AM

Yeah, a paintless dent repair company can take care of the problem.

I haven't seen a ram air or SRT-10 style hood for an '09 but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

Suncoast might have one and they make good stuff.

GTyankee 06-27-2010 12:05 PM

ramairhood
New 2009-2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Power Hood (81149*)

The new 2009-2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Ram Air Power Hood is fully ram air functional when used with the optional 5.7L Gas Engine Air Box. It is constructed from hand-laid fiberglass and high quality "ISO" resin. This hood is available in a white gelcoat ready to be prepped, primed and painted or prepainted from us. This hood comes with a black metal honeycomb vent grille and two silver "ram air" decals. It comes with a one year warranty.

APM also makes them, i believe theirs are metal

I saw the hood that a new member got with his truck, 2 scoops half way up the hood, non functioning, but, it looks great

RamTech 06-27-2010 12:36 PM

Check this hood from Mopar http://dodgeparts.mopar.com/dodge/ram-accessories.html

GTyankee 06-27-2010 12:41 PM

yeppers, thats the hood that i like the looks of, that the other member just got thru Dodge
Item Number
82211065AD