DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Body & Interior (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   Another Ventilated Seat Question (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=56261)

RootBeer 06-28-2010 10:26 PM

Another Ventilated Seat Question

Hi Gang,

I have the ventilated seats in my new to me 09. I can't ride more than an hour without stopping to ease the pain in my butt.

My last Ram was an 04 with the cloth seats. I could drive that truck all day and not get sore.

Anyone else having this issue?

ScatPak07 06-28-2010 10:51 PM

Really? I am surprised that you are having butt issues. I would love to have the ventilated seats, would be nice and cool in the summer!

Wildcat 08-31-2010 04:21 PM

If your seats are leather, check with the dealer. There have been some recalls on the ventilated leather seats.

HEMI5150 10-03-2010 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScatPak07 (Post 248959)
Really? I am surprised that you are having butt issues. I would love to have the ventilated seats, would be nice and cool in the summer!

Trust me, ROOTBEER knows what he`s talkin about....those seats SUCK..!:smiledown:
I`ve had TWO 2010 hemi ram`s, one with cloth, the other with leather heated/vented seats. I absolutly HATE the truck with the heated/vented seats, its NOT comfortable at all...! My other 2010 hemi truck with cloth seats, is WAYYYYYYYY more comfortable. I wish i had known this before i bought the second 2010 hemi truck, i would have NEVER bought it with the heated/vented seats.

:doh:

RootBeer 10-03-2010 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HEMI5150 (Post 325123)
Trust me, ROOTBEER knows what he`s talkin about....those seats SUCK..!:smiledown:
I`ve had TWO 2010 hemi ram`s, one with cloth, the other with leather heated/vented seats. I absolutly HATE the truck with the heated/vented seats, its NOT comfortable at all...! My other 2010 hemi truck with cloth seats, is WAYYYYYYYY more comfortable. I wish i had known this before i bought the second 2010 hemi truck, i would have NEVER bought it with the heated/vented seats.

:doh:

Which is why I dumped my 09 Laramie 3 months after I got it and bought RootBeer with the cloth buckets. I did a 400 mile one way trip a few weeks ago and only stopped to empty my tank once. No sore butt or back or anything. :D

erm 10-03-2010 04:21 PM

I don't know that it's the cool air function that's giving you a pain in the butt, Brian. :) My 07 Ram seats are great. I had no backpain or discomfort during my recent road trip to SoCal. And I'll tell you I did the first leg of that trip with no stops other than fuel and bio necessity ;), doing 996 miles in just a bit over 13.5 hours.

I would suspect that it's the configuration of the seat padding, lumbar support (I've heard it's a bit too high and hard) and possibly the length of the seat bottom that fails to support your upper legs. I had similar problems with another vehicle and I went down to the local upholstery shop and they rebuilt both front seats (the wife was complaining to!) and it really made a difference. We added a bit more padding to the seat bottom, moved the adjustable lumbar support down to actually be in the right area for us, lengthened the seat bottom and add a bit more depth and padding to the side, bottom and top bolsters. Huge difference!

My SRT seats, however, are perfect!

RootBeer 10-03-2010 04:36 PM

Michael,

Before I got rid of the truck it had a visit with an upholstery shop and they said there was nothing they could do.

Its someone else's problem now, RB is perfectly comfortable for the long rides.

erm 10-03-2010 04:41 PM

ahhh...well, then I misread what you wrote above. I thought you were referring to the new one and I was very sad for you and your pain. ;)