DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Bully dog gt!!! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=56309)

BBAUM 06-29-2010 04:38 PM

Bully dog gt!!!

hey i jus got my new bully dog gt! but idk what key on power fuse is i need help! which fuse can i use for the tuner..

gtfloyd 06-29-2010 09:24 PM

I just bought mine last thursday, I used the cigarette lighter, fuse #40. It is controlled by rolling the key to on. This was recommended by the manufacturer, originally I had it plugged in so it would never turn off automatically. I found its much more convenient to have it cycle with the truck than use the switch. I hope this helps.

moparmike07 07-03-2010 04:33 PM

how much u spend i return that for a superchip

chefred112 07-04-2010 01:50 AM

what research did you guys do before you bought the bully dogs? believed in the marketing hype? didn't ask experienced users on the fast trucks here what they got?

moparmike07 07-05-2010 01:01 AM

ya man alwys ask and look on forums about stuff before you buy it just my input

erm 07-05-2010 01:16 AM

Oh sure...anything you read on the intarwebz is true... Good luck with the tuner and give us some feedback on how it works out for ya!

gtfloyd 07-05-2010 08:27 PM

I am currently running the 87 octane tune and its noticeably smoother between shifts and the acceleration is a lot better. Fuel economy is about as measly as before, but the power difference is noticeable. I like the ability to monitor 13 different things from a single device. but I'm a nerd like that I guess.

moparmike07 07-06-2010 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtfloyd (Post 253830)
I am currently running the 87 octane tune and its noticeably smoother between shifts and the acceleration is a lot better. Fuel economy is about as measly as before, but the power difference is noticeable. I like the ability to monitor 13 different things from a single device. but I'm a nerd like that I guess.

lol if you dont mind how much you spend on it like 300

chefred112 07-06-2010 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtfloyd (Post 253830)

try monitoring this stuff..this info is what I can monitor with my diablo while driving and also what the tuners use for when they custom tune..
there are more available pids to monitor but these are the necessary ones to tune off of..

ACT (F) or IAT
ECT (F)
OPEN LOOP FA (AFR)
RPM
MPH
1/1 Long Term ADAP(%)
1/1 Short Term ADAP(%)
2/1Long Term ADAP (%)
2/1 Short Term ADAP(%)
Baro (PSI)
PRATIO (PRatio)
AVG Total Working PW (us)
KNK Sensor 1 (V)
KNK Sensor 2 (V)
KNK TOTAL RETARD (DEG)
MAP TO USE (psi)
RAW TPS 1 (V)
RAW TPS 2 (V)
ACTUAL SPARK CYL 1 (DEG)
ACTUAL SPARK CYL 2 (DEG)
ACTUAL SPARK CYL 3 (DEG)
ACTUAL SPARK CYL 4 (DEG)
ACTUAL SPARK CYL 5 (DEG)
ACTUAL SPARK CYL 6 (DEG)
ACTUAL SPARK CYL 7 (DEG)
ACTUAL SPARK CYL 8 (DEG)
BASE SPK (DEG)
THROTTLE BLADE POSITION (%)

gtfloyd 07-06-2010 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chefred112 (Post 254349)
try monitoring this stuff..this info is what I can monitor with my diablo while driving and also what the tuners use for when they custom tune..
there are more available pids to monitor but these are the necessary ones to tune off of..

ACT (F) or IAT
ECT (F)
OPEN LOOP FA (AFR)
RPM
MPH
1/1 Long Term ADAP(%)
1/1 Short Term ADAP(%)
2/1Long Term ADAP (%)
2/1 Short Term ADAP(%)
Baro (PSI)
PRATIO (PRatio)
AVG Total Working PW (us)
KNK Sensor 1 (V)
KNK Sensor 2 (V)
KNK TOTAL RETARD (DEG)
MAP TO USE (psi)
RAW TPS 1 (V)
RAW TPS 2 (V)
ACTUAL SPARK CYL 1 (DEG)
ACTUAL SPARK CYL 2 (DEG)
ACTUAL SPARK CYL 3 (DEG)
ACTUAL SPARK CYL 4 (DEG)
ACTUAL SPARK CYL 5 (DEG)
ACTUAL SPARK CYL 6 (DEG)
ACTUAL SPARK CYL 7 (DEG)
ACTUAL SPARK CYL 8 (DEG)
BASE SPK (DEG)
THROTTLE BLADE POSITION (%)

I'm guessing thats the trinity? I spent $400 on the unit and installed it myself. "install" is a little over the top, I plugged it in and ran a power wire. Anyway, if your comparing the trinity to a GT, its a $1k unit v $400. A comparable BD product is the PMT. So...apples and oranges in my opinion. Broke ass me cant afford to spend that kind of money.